Drum track weird behaviour

Home Forums Bug Reports Drum track weird behaviour

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marius
    Participant

Hi,

So i have volca sample connected via retrokits cable and use it as drum machine.

Everything is working as expected except one thing.

Looks like zaquencer doesnt allow to change drum gain on volca sample properly.

That means if all drum are at maximum gain of 127 and i change gain to ie 60 on volca sample of any drum, zaquencer brings gain back to 127 while sequence is playing.

Weird thing is, that it happens on particular step 11 on zaquencer. That means if i change step length to 8. I can change the gain of drum sample without problem and it holds the gain.

In example if sequence length 32 and if i change gain of drum on volca sample after step 11, it holds gain all pattern until step 11 is reached. And then drops again.

All other knobs on volca works as should be while sequence is playing on zaquencer.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi,
    from your description it sounds like the Zaquencer is set to generate amessage on step 11 that adjusts Volca SampleĀ“s gain. Have you checked the Midi Ctrl Alpha/Beta settings on step 11?

According to the chart on this page: http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/370/2004/ the Volca Sample expects a Midi CC message on CC Nr 7 to adjust the gain.

As another detail the chart says “Received when global parameter MIDI RX ShortMessage is set to ON.” Can you try to set this to off and see what happens?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.