Send program change /MIDI note when switching pattern

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Send program change /MIDI note when switching pattern

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Panason Panason 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Panason
    Participant

Will it be possible to add this feature so that when one of the 16 buttons is pressed to cue up a pattern while the sequencer is running it will send a program change or a MIDI note, so that other devices can switch pattern as well? It could just be fixed so that Pattern 1 sends PC 1/ note C3 and so on with only a switch to enable/disable the feature per track.

Many devices with a a built-in sequencer can switch patterns from MIDI via program changes or notes.

In my case I have two devices (LXR drum machine and Elektron Monomachine) that both accept program changes for switching patterns and have a quantize option so that pattern change happens on the next beat or the next bar. If these changes could be controlled in sync from the Zaquencer it would be super good for live performance…

Thanks

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Avatar of Panason Panason.
    alien_brain
    Participant

you are able to send PC messages using one of the controller lanes per track in Zaquencer.

Panason
    Participant

Yes, but this is about pattern switching on the fly with just one button when the Zaquencer is running in sync with other sequencers/ drum machines, so that all devices switch pattern at the same time. Also, if I just put a program change in a sequence the zaquencer itself will not automatically switch pattern at the same time. With this feature we’d be able to hit a pattern button and have other devices (which are playing their own patterns) switch pattern at the same time (next quantization step), for live improvisation.

I’m not sure why the Zaquencer uses CCs for trigerring patters externally. If it used PCs it would be possible to do this from one of the other devices running. Both my machines can transmit a PC when a new pattern is triggered / cued up….I believe it is fairly standard behaviour. They accept and trasnmit PC for pattern triggering on their global channel, so if you set them both to the same global channel and set them to play their sounds on other channels it is possible to trigger a pattern on both devices with one PC event.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Avatar of Panason Panason.
    Panason
    Participant

It could just be fixed so that Pattern 1 sends PC 1/ note C3 and so on with only a switch to enable/disable the feature per track.

It could just be fixed so that Pattern 1 sends PC 0 / note C0 and so on at a specified MIDI channel, with a way to enable/disable the feature.

FIXED :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.