Track mute while in pattern chain question.

Home Forums Music and Audio Production Track mute while in pattern chain question.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eliah
    Participant

I noticed that if I mute a track when it’s in a pattern chain it eventually unmutes next pass. Is there way I can maintain the mute? Would an external controller set to the right CC to mute any of the 4 tracks override the unmuting?

Christian
    Keymaster

Have you tried the new load mode as of version 1.5?
    When you press “Load” & “Mixer” while being in Load menu you toggle the loading mode of the patterns (with or without mutes). When the “Mixer” Button is lit up, the mutes are ignored upon load. This is meant as a performance feature and is not stored in memory (has to be repeated after startup).

Eliah
    Participant

Seems I have to make sure I’m out into the main mode to mute by track + mixer buttons. I was trying to do an effect of using note repeat then release to a mute with a sound that has a delay on it.

Christian
    Keymaster

Nono, that´s not what I meant (although that function does exist).

I meant going into Load Mode, then hold the “load” button and press the “mixer” button at the same time. The light in the mixer button comes on and then all the mute settings will be ignored upon load.

Eliah
    Participant

Ah yes! I got it. When the Mixer is flashing I can use the note repeat and then hit the track by itself to immediately mute. Sounds cool with a trailing delay. Thanks!

Christian
    Keymaster

I´m not quite sure that we are talking about the same thing yet.

Wht I meant was: go into “Load” menu by pressing the Load button once.
    Then, once the Load button is flashing (you are in Load menu), hold the Load button, and while holding it press the Mixer button. This turns the light on in the mixer button (while staying in Load menu), and means that whenever a pattern gets loaded now, all the mutes are being ignored. So, when you are in a pattern chain for example, only the notes will get updated on load, and you can use the mutes freely to jam.

This works of version 1.5 and you can also find an explanation of the feature I mean in the video here: https://youtu.be/BViPKIduS5k?t=92

Eliah
    Participant

I think that is what I did. As you described. Essentially the chained patterns play and I can mute tracks as I like. The mutes work as normal but there is no change of the pattern chain nor does pattern change reinitialize the mute state. Of course you have to exit out of Load mode to execute the mutes. On a side note I wonder if in Mixer mode if the top 16 buttons can show the pattern chain progression since the buttons aren’t used for anything else in that mode. That way I could see what part of a chain I may wish to mute.

Christian
    Keymaster

Ah ok, then you already did it that way. It just sounded different from what you wrote above.
    Great!

The top 16 buttons in mixer mode are for the drum mutes in a drumtrack, so I´m not really comfortale reassigning them to another piece of information.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.