trigger pattern change

Home Forums Bug Reports trigger pattern change

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Arno
    Participant

Hi,

I try to trigger pattern changes with my Behringer FCB1010 foot controller. But the global quantization doesn’t seem to work for my drum track. When i trigger another pattern the chord tracks wait for the quantization but the drum track changes instantly. When i use the pattern buttons on the BCR it works fine (Quantization set to 2).

Hope someone can help me solve this.

Cheers,

Arno

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Arno,
    thanks for your bug report!

I haven´t gotten around to look at it until now, but I will do so tomorrow and post back here.

In the meantime, can you please send me more specifics so I can try and reproduce the behaviour:
    - which midi channel & CC number did you send on the FCB1010?
    - which track number is chords, which is drums?
    - is it the same between all patterns or only specific ones?

Cheers!
    Christian

Arno
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I really like the Zaquencer, it’s great fun to play with. Was looking for a live setup that doesn’t require a laptop and because i already owned a BCR this looked like a great product. As i’m planning on playing live guitar during my performance too so i need to be able to switch patterns with my foot controller.

- which midi channel did you send on the FCB1010? Channel 1, also tested it with channel 10, same problem
    - which track number is chords, which is drums? Chords: track 2; Drums: track 1
    - is it the same between all patterns or only specific ones? All patterns

Good luck!

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Arno,

I´ve just checked this in the code and confirmed it on a device, and then I also remembered.
    The thing is that the global quantization doesn´t affect the pattern switching by eternal CC at all and it was intentionally designed that way.
    The idea behind it was actually more that the CCs were sent by an external device like a computer or an MPC for arranging a track. Live arrangement with a floorboard was not the main focus so far when designing the function. It should still work if you press the button right on the time you wish to change the pattern though.

So, in your case the drum track is behaving correctly and the strange thing is actually that the chord track is following the quantization. According to the way the code works (and also my test here), this shouldn´t be possible.
    Can you please verify that the chord track really follows the quantization in your case?
    Maybe you were thrown off by the drumtrack not following the quantization when you expected it to.
    Maybe you could also try testing different quantization settings for which it should always behave the same (not follow any quantization)?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.