ZAQ Song Position Pointer

Home Forums Support ZAQ Song Position Pointer

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chnouf
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to sync my ZAQ (Master) with A Tenori On (Slave) . in my Daw (ableton Live) , when i push Start on the Zaq, the Tenori sync automaticaly and begin by his first step (layer) , so everything ok, but when I tried to sync both without computer, the tenori-on still sync but start where it was stopped and not at the beginning.

The tenori can received this information by the Song Position POinter. But I don’t know how i can tell to the Zaq to send this… like my DAW.

Thks ..sorry for the english

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi chnouf, the Zaquencer does not send the Song Position Pointer.
    To sync, it sends Midi Start and Midi Stop. As per specification, a slave should start the song at the beginning when it receives Midi Start: http://www.blitter.com/~russtopia/MIDI/~jglatt/tech/midispec/start.htm

I just quickly checked the Tenori On manual, and there is no mention of the song position pointer. The Midi implementation chart only shows Start and Stop. Are you sure that this is the cause of the problem? Could it be some setting in the Tenori On?

Another idea: have you tried switching places of the machines? Use the Tenori On as master and the Zaquencer as slave? Maybe this might get rid of your problem…

chnouf
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

The SPP is on the last firmware of the Tenori , maybe that’s why u don’t see it.

I’d rather use the Zaq as the Master. The Tenori is not a fully Midi operationnal machine…

Thanks again

chnouf
    Participant

But if I use the Tenori as the master, it’s gonna be the same problem because :

If the Zaq cannot received the Song Position Pointer when i changed a pattern (call Step on the Tenori) I had to changed patten manually on the Zaq too .

In fine, I just want to sync automaticaly a pattern change with the pattern change of the other machine.

Any suggestions ?? Danke !!

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi again,
    oh, I think I misunderstood your first post. I thought it was about resetting the step to 0 on both devices when you press start on the master. Now it sounds more like you want to synchronize the change of the patterns to each other? Please correct me if I´m wrong.

I don´t know if it helps you, but you can tell the Zaquencer which patterns to load by sending it a CC message. Please check the manual at page 22 (Trigger enable) for all the details.

Do you have a link to the latest Tenori On Manual where the use of SPP is explained?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.