4 track's patterns progress independently

Home Forums Feature Wishlist 4 track's patterns progress independently

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Eliah Eliah 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eliah
    Participant

I know the trick of temporarily loading a pattern into a track’s current place without altering the other 3 track’s pattern sequences. I’d like an option by, let’s say holding certain buttons, or by a mode select, I can advance just one track as oppose to all 4. This would cut down on having to create or copy and past certain patterns across tracks just so I can keep some elements the same as I change other elements.

For example if I want to only advance my bass track to a new pattern while all other tracks remain on the pattern they are at. Perhaps a “Track Lock” mode where every track moves forward to the next pattern and a “Free” mode where I can just progress a selected track to the next pattern. I think sometimes you’d want all 4 tracks to progress together and other times have any 1 track change independently by merely pressing the next pattern of that track you want to load.

Eliah
    Participant

Actually you can delete this request. I managed to understand the load feature which allows loading of different track sequences independently of other tracks. I somehow thought it was about copy and paste…Which it is but not permanent unless I guess it’s saved.

I did notice that the BCR still shows the same pattern in the big screen and flashing light on pattern number. Which I understand as for example if all other tracks are playing PAT 1 and you swap out a pattern in track 2 for PAT 3 which is only temporary but perhaps as a feature request each track can show the actual pattern playing if that track is selected and then you go into Load menu. That way you have a visual reference of what actual pattern is playing on that selected track.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Avatar of Eliah Eliah. Reason: Added information and request
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.