Accent in the sequence

Home Forums Music and Audio Production Accent in the sequence

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shyha
    Participant

I’ve just bought ZAQuencer and I’m trying to enter all patterns I have on my Korg Volca Bass. As you know sometimes it’s very important to use Accent and Slide. The first one can be made with Velocity but what with slide? How to reproduce it to have the same effect like in Volca Bass / Roland TB-303?

shyha
    Participant

Ok, I tried with NOTE LENGTH and changed from 32 to 4 for SLIDED notes.
    Sometimes it works but I have some weird behaviour…some kind of portamento / merged notes. Do you know why?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Avatar of shyha shyha.
    Christian
    Keymaster

Hi shyha,
    as you wrote, accent can be replicated with velocity.
    There is no slide functionality implemented in the Zaquencer.
    You can use Midi Control Pitch bend, but can only change the setting for each step at the moment.

If the note length is very long (4 is 4 bars!!) and the notes overlap, your synth might add a slide by itself. Very long notes that overlap can lead to problems with midi in general, because if you play the same note number, it cannot correctly assign note offs.

shyha
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. It makes sense.
    So I assume I need to wait for a future update ;)
    Is it technically possible to implement slide in BCR2K?

Francisco
    Participant

Hello shyha,

I don’t have a volca bass to try this but according to the volca bass midi implementation chart* you can use cc 5 to change the SLIDE TIME. Maybe that is what you are looking for?

So on the Zaq you just have to set MIDI Control Alpha or Beta to CC 5 and use it sequence the SLIDE TIME.

Good Luck!

* http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA_volcabass_MIDI_Chart_E.pdf

shyha
    Participant

Francisco,
    Thank you. Clever suggestion :) I’ll try it ASAP and let you know.

shyha
    Participant

OK, I’ve just tried. The result:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXGNp7xIcU8

It’s probably modyfing slide time but globally for already marked as slided notes in Volca Bass sequencer.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Avatar of shyha shyha.
    Christian
    Keymaster

Hi shyha,
    I´ve just watched your video, one more question about it, do the notes overlap slightly in the vid? Maybe that might help? I mean to program the whole sequence with overlapping notes and then try to use CC5 to control the slide time for that step..?

I´m afraid that implementing slide into the Zaquencer will not really be possible.
    I think the time resolution between notes is not high enough to have a smooth transition of the pitch, even if I managed to put in some sort of pitch interpolation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.