Create your own "Fugue" sequences

Home Forums Tips and Tricks Create your own "Fugue" sequences

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Geertjan Geertjan 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eliah
    Participant

If any of you own an iPad and use it for music making you might have herd of a great sequencer app called Fugue Machine. Essentially 4 play heads that play independently in speed, direction, octave range, etc. over the same instrument. Which got me thinking that indeed you can do the same thing with the Zaquencer.

For example: I have a synth lead being triggered by port A MIDI Ch. 1. I set both Track 1 & 2 to output same port and midi channel. I create a melody 8 steps long, ping-pong, speed 16 on Track 1 in the higher octave ranges. I then create a bass melody on Track 2 which is 16 steps long, FWD, speed 4. Press play and both sequences play the synth in their respective qualities. I recommend changing the velocity of one of the track’s sequences to better separate them.

Other things you can do:

On a polyphonic synth with more than 4 voices play 2 chords on the same synth simultaneously with two tracks. Of course you can also do something jazzy like one track’s sequence playing bass chords on the synth whilst another track is playing the upper range melodies on the same synth.

Geertjan
    Participant

The second thing i found out already, the first i will try defenitely!
    And there is so much more….
    Nice of you to tell it to the zaqpeople ;-)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.