Demo : Syncing to External Clock

Home Forums Support Demo : Syncing to External Clock

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Filippo EFF Filippo EFF 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jjbbllkk
    Participant

Hi,

One of the big functions I wanted to test out before buying this was it’s ability to sync to an external clock (in this case my Sonic Potions LXR).

Does the demo not allow this? When I hit the “Global” button there are no buttons lit, nor can I get any reaction from any button that I hit. This keeps me from testing out a main function.

Just wanted to know if this is intentional as part of the demo or if my BCR is messed up and I need to abandon ship.

Thanks!

-jeremy

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,
    thanks for your question!

The demo does allow sync from external Midi source.
    The way the global menu works is, you hit the global button to enter the menu and then you twist the encoder that is assgned to the respective function (written in the grey bar underneath).

To change clock source to external you have to turn the 2. encoder in the top row to the right, so it says “EtL” in the Display.

Please note that, when using the demo, you have to re-do the settings when restarting the BCR, as there is no storing functionality in the demo.

Let me know if this worked out for you!

Cheers,
    Christian

jjbbllkk
    Participant

Thanks Christian, that did it. Loving this thing!

Filippo EFF
    Participant

Hi! I’m new in this community. I found this project surfing the net and I am planning to buy a bcr 2000 and use it with your magic firmware!

So here is my question. Really similar with Jeremy. Can I sync this bcr 2000 with Ableton live or Traktor. Is the bpm stable? I play set with regular bpm like 125, 126 or 128 bpm… So I want know if once I sync Traktor with the BCR2000 it stays stable or the bpm goes around the principal value like 125.9/126.0/126.1/ 125.8/126.0 ecc ecc.. can the bcr be the Slave? and also.. Can it take the clock via USB or is necessary an external midi interface?

If someone can try this and let me know I will appreciate too much..

Thank you very much,
    Congratulation for this amazing project,
    Sorry for my English

Filippo

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Avatar of Filippo EFF Filippo EFF.
    Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Filippo,
    thanks for your question!

Yes it´s possible to sync the Zaquencer via Midi Clock to a master DAW. The DAW needs to be able to send Midi Clock. Most DAWs are able to do this and we have tested it for example with Ableton Live. The Zaquencer can be master or slave. As slave it will be tightly locked to the master BPM, so whatever this is, the Zaquencer will follow. We´ve done extensive measurements to ensure the timing is stable and had only good reports about using external sync by our users so far.

USB on the BCR2000 is disabled when using the Zaquencer, so it´s necessary to use a Midi Interface. Please note that some extremely cheap Midi interfaces might introduce timing delays and jitter, so it´s recommended to use a quality, namebrand interface.

Please try out everything with the free Zaquencer demo to ensure the timing works great for you too. External clock and slave mode can be tested as part of the demo (see this thread above).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,
    Christian

Filippo EFF
    Participant

Hi zac!
    Thank you so much for your super-helpful answer… i’m waiting a bcr 2000 from a friend… i will try the demo and i’ll check.

Support!

Bye ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.