Drum track – all instruments behave like being one and tap write records nothing

Home Forums Bug Reports Drum track – all instruments behave like being one and tap write records nothing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wotar
    Participant

Hi,

on drum tracks I got two different issues. They did appear recently after I haven’t been using Zauencer for months. Before, everything worked just fine.

1. After selecting an instrument and dialing in some steps, Z. plays back as expected.
    The strange thing starts, when switching between instruments. They all share the same pattern!
    No matter in which I edit any steps – all other instruments will follow.

In other words:
    at instr.1 unmute step 1 > switch to ‘blank’ instr.2, step 1 is already unmuted > mute step 1, unmute
    step 2 > switch back to instr.1, step 1 now is muted, step 2 is unmuted and so on…

2. Recording in tap write mode doesn’t show any effect at all. While tapping I can hear the drum
    playing – midi routing and everything works fine. But, unfortunately nothing will be recorded
    nor will be played back after leaving tap write mode.

Are these known issues? I couldn’t find any posting or anything. I’ve spent a lot of time now upon these miracles, resetting Z., flashing firmware, restore BCR firmware and back…nothing. I’m really frustrated.

wotar

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Avatar of Wotar Wotar.
    Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Wotar,
    sorry to hear that you´re experiencing problems.
    This behaviour is not known to me and it sounds like a defect of some sort.

Please write to support@zaqaudio.com with your order number, referencing this post, and we´ll see how we can help you further.

Best,
    Christian

Christian
    Keymaster

One more idea regarding the Tap Write recording. There was an update that introduced monitoring mode (“Mon”) in display. This behaves exactly as you describe and is intentional for practicing before recording. Are you sure you´re using it in “rec” mode?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.