Flam?

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Flam?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 9 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant

I have been using one of my Zaq’s for drum programming. Is there a way to flam a step?

alien_brain
    Participant

you can delay the note before the flamed note…

Craig
    Participant

Right, but you use up a step for that, right? Or are you talking about a midi delay that would trigger the note multiple times without using up a step?

alien_brain
    Participant

sorry it would use a step

Christian
    Keymaster

It´s not possible yet, but thanks for the feature request. It´s hereby noted!

Siegmar Kreie
    Participant

Could`nt this be unified with the ratcheting task, understanding ratcheting as a timed attribute with positive and negatve length plus density?

alien_brain
    Participant

hmm as i understand it, the ratcheting feature would be like a note repeat? a flam precedes the main drum hit. would present a challenge maybe? only zaqman knows… :)

Siegmar Kreie
    Participant

Yes, its`s complicated. A Sequencer can look ahead, but what happens with tempo changes, pattern changes then? Also Zaquencer can have overlappig notes, flam/repeat schould be step-bound. (BTW :velocity control of repeat steps would be another parameter.-))

Christian
    Keymaster

Good idea to unify flam with ratcheting. I´ll think about that.
    Placing notes before the step for ratcheting/flam should be possible. We do it for negative “Note Delay” values already. Good points raised by Siegmar these are cases which need special attention then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.