funny mute business

Home Forums Support funny mute business

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of alien_brain alien_brain 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    alien_brain
    Participant

i dont understand the mute behavior… if i unmute track 2 it mutes its self when the pattern loops. is the mute status recorded to the pattern? how exactly do i mute/unmute tracks? track button(s) + mixer?

Christian
    Keymaster

the mutes can be triggered by going into mixer menu and then pressing a track button (or drum instrument button for drum mutes) without holding any other button.
    mutes are really stored in flash with the patterns. this has been a deliberate choice so you can arrange with mutes. when you say “when the pattern loops”, are you in pattern chain mode? then it´s correct, because the pattern chain recalls the pattern from flash, also recalling mutes.

we considered high and low to add another set of non-flash “live” mutes, but that would have complicated the topic even further. and then we realized that usually there is mostly another set of “live” mutes in the sound generators that are being triggered by the Zaquencer anyway (mixing board or volume knobs).

alien_brain
    Participant

hmm i think it needs mutes that arent stored. i dont want to touch another piece of equipment if i dont need to plus what if i have a reverb tail on my sound? almost any other sequencer allows you to mute tracks on the fly. is there a way to defeat stored mute status? i think thats what it needs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.