"G-ER" on startup

Home Forums Support "G-ER" on startup

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant

Greetings

I just updated to 1.50 on both of my Zaqs and one of them displays this quickly as it boots up. The other one does not. Any idea?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Avatar of Craig Craig.
    Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,
    the message means that there was an error in loading the Global settings.
    It´s not critical but just means that a global parameter that has been tried to load is out of it´s allowed param range. The global menu would have stopped loading after that. I´m unclear though how this can happen in detail in your case.

Two easy things:
    - can you please export your global settings from the affected machine and send them to support@zaqaudio.com
    - can you see if there is a Midi message created at startup with the following format:
    F0 xx xx F7 (with the xx being different numbers). If so, please forward me the number, it should help me with tracing the behaviour

After you´ve checked this, to keep on working you can simply adjust the global parameters again so that they correspond to your settings (because some now might have default values), and then simply save the global menu. The error should then be gone.

Cheers!

Craig
    Participant

I have not had a chance to export yet but prior to posting the original message, I had gone through and reset all of my global settings and I still get the error when it boots up. I will see about the export when I’m in the studio next. This may or may not be related but my top left encoder started acting up a couple weeks ago, prior to the software update. Just your normal skipping values, etc. Perhaps it’s causing the error on boot?

Christian
    Keymaster

It should not be encoder related.
    Have you already tried reflashing the firmware?

I´ll know more once I got the settings file.
    Please also look at the midi output while the BCR is showing the error (as already mentioned above)!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.