invert the track mute LEDs

Home Forums Feature Wishlist invert the track mute LEDs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mesmerised
    Participant

I’d like the status LEDs of the track selectors changed: lit for active and off for muted (feels more intuitive for me)

alien_brain
    Participant

i think so too

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi guys,
    thanks for the suggestion!
    Actually the version that you suggest is the one we had at the very beginning.
    This then felt not right anymore out of two reasons. First, there is the activity monitor of the track which is now blinking “on” when a note is played. When you imagine an always lit LED for an active track then we would have to blink “off” for activity (a note playing). This felt really off to us. And secondly, try to extrapolate this behaviour in your mind to the 16 drum instruments in mixer mode and it gets really apparent. In our minds, they have to have the same behaviour as the track buttons, and they need to flash “on” with a drum hit and not “off” from the always-on-state.

Try to think of the mixer buttons as “mute” buttons from a classic mixing board (that also lights up when the track is muted) and it will get second nature to you in no time!

Cheers!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Avatar of Christian Christian.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.