Keystep sync as slave to Zaquencer

Home Forums Support Keystep sync as slave to Zaquencer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of manfredi manfredi 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant

Hi
    I have problems getting keystep to work as slave with zaquencer, if I use it in midi mode on dip switches and have it input to zaquencer and out from zaquencer I get all kinds of craziness no matter what midi filers or a/b I seem to use with zaquencer, have used sync mode with keystep but no joy there either.
    I’m using 6 volca a minitaur, minilogue, and kaons pads kp3 & kp3 plus. I have 2 Kenton midi thru, and a retrofits k004 merger/ thru.
    Looking for any routing help advice on midi connections to use the keystep for adding chords and arpegiator to volca sect when needed.
    Many thanks

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,
    unfortunately I don´t have a keystep here to test it with the Zaquencer.
    I also don´t have experience with it, how it handles Midi clock etc.
    Just some general hints:
    - have you tried syncing the keystep with any other midi master?
    - can you try to only use one way midi connection to sync it at first, and only then start routing midi back into the Zaquencer?

Basically, I´d try to break down the system into smaller parts for troubleshooting, to check where the weird behaviour originates.

Sorry to not be able to be more specific.

Best,
    Christian

Rick
    Participant

Hi Christian

good advice will check it as you say, only used it with PC and worked fine over USB but I hear there are issues with Arturia and Keystep, most use it as master clock, but then have no idea of BPM.

Thanks again, im now enjoying using 2 Zaquencers working together though :)

Kind Regards
    Rick

manfredi
    Participant

hello rick
    i also have a keystep and it gets some time to make it works properly since its clock management sucks. The issue is about keystep doubling clock on its output if you chain it downstream the Zaq.
    What i found works for me is to use it with own clock upstream to Zaq input. Then rely on amazing clock filtering and routing in zaq itself to send notes and clock to devices (i have just one device -.- ).
    Check also about different firmwares on arturia site. From what I remember they made a total mess with upgrades, and this is why I keep the old original one which is ok.
    you can listen to them on action here
    https://soundcloud.com/rozzilla/savage-root

cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.