MInimum and maximum for values

Home Forums Feature Wishlist MInimum and maximum for values

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of George Vicentiu George Vicentiu 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    George Vicentiu
    Participant

Hello Christian,

I would like to see an implementation for an option that can shorten range of the values, so for example in case of the pitch I want to have an interval lets say between 32 (minimum permitted) and 44 (maximum permitted) so in this case the resolution of the knob will be changed solving other thing for me that is really annoying – I don’t like sometimes because I need to rotate the knob too much and lose focus…

This can help for sure many other values not just the pitch.

Here you have an example from a max4live device:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/1777/pocketseq

If you’ll see the picture you’ll see this parameters near all the values of that sequencer with min and max values. I don’t want separate sequencer length for pitch, duration and velocities like in this max4live device, I presume its impossible to implement in zaq but at least those I mention before.

Also will be good to have the option to rotate the knob just ones completely from 0 to 127 (not almost 5 times now) even if intermediary values will be lost because of the pour resolution of the potentiometer, but making an option like this will fasten a lot my workflow.

I am honest with you these things keep me away a lot from using zaq everyday.

And I want to tell you form my experience that I don’t use all 4 channels once cause usually I have another sequencers around so I agree to have a cut of 2 channels and using the memory for the things above.

Actually you can start make different firmwares for different needs in this way all the clients will be happy and you’ll gain more of them cause the device will not have many minuses in their daily use.

Thank you.

George

alien_brain
    Participant

i think shorter turning would be nice but a range? if shorter turn was added then range is not as important. i dont hate the turning now but agree it could be better.

George Vicentiu
    Participant

Yes, from my experience with the above max4live sequencer, limiting the range when working with it help me doing faster functional ideas comparing when I work with the whole range of notes

And I think if he will make shorter turning permanent will lose steps cause the resolution of the potentiometer and the bits will not help in this case unfortunately

Lets see what is his opinion about this

Kieran
    Participant

I’d love to be able to limit velocities in a ratchet with a fade. I usually don’t want my drum velocities to go much below 70 or even 90 at times.

alien_brain
    Participant

how about some sort of acceleration with a faster turn?

Tommy Down
    Participant

I would +1 a button modifier to enable coarse value modification. maybe an octave at a time.
    Difficult to implement alongside the ‘change all values at once’ button hold.

Eg. Press notepitch to enter note value. press notepitch and seq offset to enter coarse value change. Keep notepitch held down to change all notes at once.

Seq offset is suggested because I can imagine anyone wanting to change its value more than one at a time and its in the middle of the zaq.

@kieran – aren’t ratchets choked by a new note? If you add a step at the end of your ratchet (maybe add some negative delay on that step) and set the number of ratchets to a value that puts the ratchets with a velocity lower than what you want beyond the choking step – maybe that would work.

Reducing the number of tracks? Nooooooooo!

Tommy Down
    Participant

Can’t imagine! stupid auto-correct function. A similar feature on the zaq would also not get my vote!

(Unless it was really good… and could be turned off)

George Vicentiu
    Participant

It will be as option of course and not an autocorection at all!

If you want you can say autocorection to a scale maybe but when you limit your note value range to an octave so you can work easy on a base line for example its devinitively a tool.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.