More MIDI CCs and controller mode? More tracks?

Home Forums Feature Wishlist More MIDI CCs and controller mode? More tracks?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Panason Panason 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Panason
    Participant

HI there,
    first of all, Christian you are a genius! I discovered the Zaquencer yeterday on somebody’s Youtube video and spent a few hours last night ( staying up very late as I became increasingly amazed at the amount of features) checking it out before putting an order in for a BCR2000! :D

I particularly like the scale mode (Spanish/Latin, Arabic and Indian scales would be very nice), the repeat function and the new pitched ratcheting/ delay options. This package outshines pretty much any hardware step sequencer at any price point, IMO. It is also crying out for a V2 upgrade to better hardware (better knobs, OLED display without cryptic abbreviations, metal case, a button under each knob for quick step on/off). I hope the Zaquencer will be succesful enough to make this possible! Maybe we can crowd-fund it?

Here’s what I’d really like to see in future firmware:

-Instead of being restricted to 2 MIDI CCs per track, remove the setting from the global menu. Instead, for each step the a and b buttons set a MIDI CC and a value. If there was a way to add a few more CC events on the same step that would make it extremely awesome. To make it easier to compose stuff, the zaquencer could maybe remember the last selected MIDI CC and automatically select it next time the user adds a CC event?

- Would it be possible to add a controller mode wich turns the device into a basic MIDI Controller like the vanilla firmware but without any bells and whistes? Just set MIDI control message type and channel for each knob and button. If we could switch to that mode while the sequencer is running while giving clock and note events priority over CCs that would make this super extremely awesome!

Finally, would it be possible to add another set of 4 tracks?

And as a cherry topping, any chance we could have the overlay in a choice of colours? (as long as that includes orange!)

Thanks, cannot wait to start playing with this!

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Avatar of Panason Panason.
    Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Panason,
    thank you for your feedback!
    Happy to hear that the concept of the Zaquencer is appealing to you.

Regarding your ideas, adding mores scales should be possible.
    Do you have a link to the scales you like to see?

Unfortunately, your other ideas all run into the same problem of the already maxed out pattern flash memory (please read around the forums if you´re interested, there is a lot of information about it).

You see for example, for different CC values per step we´d have to have the space in pattern memory for every step*track to tell it which CC value was selected. This gets huge pretty quick. Same goes for 4 more tracks (plus CPU limits in this case).

We still plan to add updates for the Zaquencer, but only things that don´t go into the pattern memory (have to have different settings per pattern).

Cheers!
    Christian

Siegmar Kreie
    Participant

I´m still fascinated by the idea of an external controlled freescale below the user scale. One CC (11×11) sets them all, no storage, default always chromatic.

Panason
    Participant

Christian,

here’s a couple of links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_scales_and_modes

the Pelog and Flamenco scales would be nice

and here’s a link for some info on basic indian scales

http://raag-hindustani.com/Scales1.html

My BCR is in the post and I can’t wait ! The more I read about the Zaquencer the more impressed I am… For example: I have a Sonic Potions LXR drum machine which doesn’t like incoming MIDI clock.. So i was thinking “I wonder if the Zaquencer has separate MIDI clock settings for the two MIDI outputs so I can send MIDI to the LXR from a separate port? I check the manual and boom , there it is! :)

I think I’ll be ordering another BCR quite soon!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.