pattern autosave?

Home Forums Feature Wishlist pattern autosave?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of alien_brain alien_brain 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alien_brain
    Participant

is there a way to avoid having to save patterns? can zaquencer be made to autosave?

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi ALien,
    I have already thought about this option, and while it would be great to have, I have decided against inplementing it for a very specific reason.
    All existing flash chips, and so also the one in the BCR, only have a limited life in terms of writes (usually a couple 100.000). While through regular use you are hard-pressed to ever reach this limit, with an Autosave function it would definitely be reachable, and it´s hard to say how fast. If you picture using Autosave in conjunction with pattern chain, you can imagine that you can get heaps of writes in a very short time. While I could just put the info into the manual, I doubt that it would reach every user of the Zaquencer, so I decided not to provide the function in the first place.

alien_brain
    Participant

how are tr-909s and the like from the 80s able to survive? they dont use flash memory?

Chase
    Participant

They don’t have to scan and constantly save because it’s just regular memory with a battery backup.

alien_brain
    Participant

meaning they dont save as often? and zaquencer would need to save if changes or not when loading the next pattern? is there no way to ask if the pattern has changed and only then write?

Christian
    Keymaster

is there no way to ask if the pattern has changed and only then write?

good idea! I´ll think about how hard that would be to implement.

alien_brain
    Participant

:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.