pattern change on end of sequence?

Home Forums Feature Wishlist pattern change on end of sequence?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Juan José Juan José 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chaosmoon
    Participant

It appears that the pattern will change at the end of each section of 8. So if i have a 32 step sequence running and call a new pattern at step 23, it will change too early. This can be used creatively, but i’d prefer a pattern change to coincide with the end of a sequence.

alien_brain
    Participant

i hear that but if you pair it with something that has nicer clock and can issue a command at a certain time (mpc with jjos, elektron monomachine or whatever you have) the pattern changes happen right on time and in fact the cc event can be quantized. you could really throw a listener for a loop and bring it right back whenever you wanted using this method. i bet it would work from a daw too.

chaosmoon
    Participant

yes, but i’m more into playing it live..

chaosmoon
    Participant

ah wait, you mean trigger the pattern changes externally and quantize them to say, full bars?

alien_brain
    Participant

yes plus any and all of the above

Christian
    Keymaster

I´m assuming you´re referring to manual pattern changes.
    Have you checked the “quantization” setting in the global menu? This affects how long the Zaquencer waits after a button press to load the next pattern.
    It goes from 96th note (immediately) to 4bars. Maybe try 1b or 2b in your case.

alien_brain
    Participant

DOH! that too. no mpc required!

Juan José
    Participant

This could be solved too with a “Song Mode”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.