program / preset changes

Home Forums Music and Audio Production program / preset changes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Harel Harel 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Harel
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to change preset on external synth controlled by Zaq each time i change a pattern.Is that possible?

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Harel,
    thanks for your question!
    It is possible, but you would have to sacrifice one Midi CC track (alpha/beta) for that.
    Set it to Program Change in the Global menu and then just send the Program Number from Step 1 of each pattern.

Hope this helps!

Harel
    Participant

Thank you Christian, that helps a lot!
    I guess that if i tweak the sound during the Zaq is running, it will go back to the stored sound each time it passes step 1…
    I’ll check it soon

Panason
    Participant

I think synths generally ignore the program change if they’re already playing that preset.

Harel
    Participant

In case of Waldorf Blofeld, it goes back to the preset each time it passes step one :/

Christian
    Keymaster

If you want to tweak your synth sound in between, you could try turning off the program change temporarily. You have two options for this, turning it off in the pattern-step (this will then be restored upon (re)loading a pattern), or temporarily switch the Midi Control alpha/beta in the global menu to off.

Harel
    Participant

While playing live i send 2 channels to the same synth, one with notes and the other with the program change. after switching to a new pattern i mute the program change channel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.