Restoring Behringer Firmware

Home Forums Support Restoring Behringer Firmware

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ViaCirca
    Participant

Hello,

I need to do a test on some old midi gear, I am quite not sure on how to restore the BCR2000 back to original firmware. Any help would be great, thanks

alien_brain
    Participant

i think there is a thread on that here somewhere. try searching

Christian
    Keymaster

Hello ViaCirca,
    uploading the original Behringer Firmware over SysEx works exactly like uploading the Zaquencer (press Store+Learn/Load at startup to put it into bootloader mode, then send firmware over SysEx). Note that once you´ve uploaded the original firmware, you either have to create a new controller mapping or upload an existing controller preset via SysEx (see BCR manual for that). This is because the flash presets get overwritten in both directions.

Another note: if you´ve written something in the Presets of the Behringer firmware and want to go back to the Zaquencer a Zaquencer flash reinit is recommended. In some circumstances the Zaquencer will detect it and trigger the flash reinit automatically. If not, you should do it manually by holding PAGE < (the left Page button) and STOP/PLAY during turning on the BCR. If the init is omitted, you could get garbled pattern info in the flash, possibly leading to all sorts of weird behaviour.

The original Firmware can be found at http://www.behringerdownload.de/B-Control_download/bcr2000_1-10.zip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.