Select MIDI In Channel

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Select MIDI In Channel

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of erwan Bz✨ erwan Bz✨ 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eliah
    Participant

This is for input going into the Zaquencer like a keyboard. Right now I believe it is hard set to Omni. I think it would be a nice feature to a choice of MIDI In channels or have the MIDI In the same as the MIDI Out channel selected for each of the 4 tracks.

Christian
    Keymaster

Do you mean for the Tap Write feature? The transpose feature is already Midi channel dependent and you can select different channel configurations in the global menu.

I thought it´s good to have Tap Write on omni. Can you please describe a usecase for when you´d need Midi channel specific Tap Write?

Eliah
    Participant

Ah. I’m going to check out the Transpose feature. I have an Arturia Keystep which has it’s own sequencer. It has a feature where you can have a sequence going out one MIDI channel and you can still play the keyboard on another MIDI channel. My thinking was to have the Keystep play a sequence on one channel and then use the keyboard to input notes separately to the Zaquencer. Problem is that with Tap Write on Omni I was getting the Keystep sequencer notes anyways as all 16 MIDI channels were being received by the Zaquencer.

I do have a Mio4 MIDI interface so perhaps I’ll try filtering out messages to the Zaquencer on all but one MIDI channel.

z3r01
    Participant

I am experiencing the same situation as Eliah. I have a Keystep connected to the Zaquencer, with the intention of being able to ‘jam’ in Tap-Write mode, while another sequence is being played by the Keystep (Keyboard-Play mode).

Tried sending only one MIDI channel to the Zaquencer, but it keeps picking up the other sequence that is playing.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the option to select a single MIDI channel for Tap-Write mode?

Lenny_430
    Participant

In my case (in reference to a designated midi channel for Tap Write Mode), I would like to add the Zaquencer to an established live midi set up that has the Akai MPC1000 as the central sequencer. The MPC1000 already midi triggers many other synths (on both midi ports A+B) but I would like to have the option of triggering 3 of the synths in my set up with either the MPC1000 (for presequenced midi) or the Zaquencer (for on the fly performance midi). The Midi thru function of the Zaq gives me this option, with the MPC1000 providing clock for the Zaq and midi thru notes & program changes for the synthesizers, but not having the option of the Zaq only recording on the designated midi channels for each track is the problem. It is now recording all the midi note data being sent through the set up, even data meant for other synths in the set up. If each track only recorded the data for midi channel already assigned to the midi out port, it would be very helpful.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Avatar of Lenny_430 Lenny_430.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Avatar of Lenny_430 Lenny_430.
    Trudo
    Participant

I have another BCR to control my DSI tetra but it seems that i can only make the controller for the tetra work on channel 1.

I’m using either an MPC2500 or a beatstep pro as a master in my setup and since a beatstep pro only has one midi output i’m putting all my midi information thru the zaquencer before linking up to my synths and drums. It works great and i really love to space out on sequencing possibilities but if i want to fully explore my tetra i would have to have my midichannel 1 not to affect the zaquencer. Can i make the zaquencer ‘ignore’ the information on the first midichannel and just pass it trough?
    You may call me lazy but i’m not looking forward to mapping that bcr for my tetra again :) :)

Thanks

Arne

Trudo
    Participant

Never mind, was an easy to map fix after all :)

erwan Bz✨
    Participant

+1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.