Song arrangement mode

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Song arrangement mode

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Juan José Juan José 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Juan José
    Participant

Instead of simply chaining patterns, in this mode each encoder may represent one of the stored patterns.

In this way full and complex songs could be structured in a more flexible manner, while maintaining ease of use.

Obviously the song could span several pages to make songs of more than 16 patterns.

Maybe this mode could replace the ‘Pattern chain’ function, or to be a variation of it.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Avatar of Juan José Juan José.
    Zymos
    Participant

I like that- much more flexible than setting up a chain before hand, plus it would allow to freely repeat patterns in the arrangement.

von haulshoven
    Participant

yes, if it is possible than it would be a great add to an already great sequencer!

alien_brain
    Participant

i set my mpc1000 with jjos to send a control value when i touch a pad. this way i can trigger any sequence in any order, and record it as a sequence of controller values! i can then make many arrangements in real time, and mix them with my track mute. mpc is great companion to the zaquencer! im sure any decent hardware or software sequencer is…

you could even then record your actual performance into a midi track so you can use zaquncer for something else. its endless endless… ;)

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Avatar of alien_brain alien_brain.
    Zymos
    Participant

Yo dawg, I heard you like to sequence your sequences from a sequencer!

And speaking of wishes, opening up some of the parameters to MIDI would be amazing, maybe even better than the footswitches.

Maybe should start another thread…

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Avatar of Zymos Zymos.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Avatar of Zymos Zymos.
    alien_brain
    Participant

i do agree with that 100%

im wit da macro control dawg

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Avatar of alien_brain alien_brain.
    Juan José
    Participant

With the ‘Song Mode’ the Zaquencer could be fully autonomous, without the need for a computer or another sequencer, which is precisely what I, and probably many users Zaquencer wish.

alien_brain
    Participant

ok just making sure yer aware of the cc in for playback control

Zymos
    Participant

Right, that IS already there. But I got scared off about the needing to delay the message part. And it would be good to have it all be self contained, without needing anything else to send the CCs…

alien_brain
    Participant

it works like a charm wit da mpc no delayin nuthin jis sayin

seems like zaquencer either works with your piece of gear or it doesnt.

Juan José
    Participant

Reminding this, because I really need it…

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar of Juan José Juan José.
    alien_brain
    Participant

i got 3 mpc 1000s for sale, all fully upgraded and blacked out

let me know! ;)

Juan José
    Participant

Thanks alien, but, if you would like to use an external sequencer I would use Live or Reason in the computer or BeatMaker in the iPad (which is currently my drumbox, waiting to buy a Volca Beats, some MFB or similar).
    What I would like is to play live only with hardware (Korg’s MS20 —via Zaq->MFB Urzwerg—, Mono/Poly —via Zaq->BeatStep— and MS2000BR) and for this I ‘only’ need from the Zaquencer to have this (a must for a sequencer in my opinion) ‘song arrangement mode’.

On the other hand, although I had discarded them, everyone speaks so highly of the MPC that I whould might consider it if your offer was good.
    Anyway I find harder its workflow can be more efficient than Ableton Live or more fun than Reason, and as you can see, a MPC could be too ‘new school’ for my setup…

But my first choice remains ‘song mode’ in the Zaquencer, eh?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar of Juan José Juan José.
    Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Juan,
    I appreciate the idea, but I must also say I´m not certain if and when it can be realized.
    It´s not so much a problem of flash this time but more of interface, how to squeeze it in and make everything work together etc. I had thought this through in the original development and there were quite a bit of details to address. It is solvable, but still would be quite a programming effort. At this time there are many other more pressing topics for the Zaquencer. As with every feature request I kindly ask not to expect anything and be happy about every additional feature I manage to add on top of what is existing now (also see the sticky in the FR forum).

Now brace yourself for a really spaced-out idea :)
    (not saying this is a substitute for your request, but this works with the as-is-state and maybe it will help you anyway)
    If you can spare a CC track and the Midi Input, you could experiment with placing a CC message at the end of each pattern which will trigger the loading of the new pattern by sending the CC back into the Midi input. For this “Trigger Enbl” must be turned on in the Global menu. I haven´t tried this, but theoretically it should work.
    This is not having a screen to a globally arrange, but each pattern would hold the info which next pattern to trigger. More like a linked list if you are familiar with C programming.
    Let me know if you are interested in this and we can dig more into the specifics together.

Juan José
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, but time has passed and it turns out I’m not using zaquencer because of the lack of “Song Mode” and have end using the iPad for sequencing.

I want to use serious and live, not (only) to play at home, and in my scheme of ‘one person-only hardware’ that element of automation is essential.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.