Start/stop message

Home Forums Support Start/stop message

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Is there a way to disable sending the start/stop message in zaquencer? When using zzaquencer as the master and sending midi clock it always starts the sequencer on my mother 32, and I much prefer the zaquencer sequencer ☺

Zdenek
    Participant

Go to the ‘Clock Out’ setting in the global menu and change it so it’s not being sent out to your M32.

Steve
    Participant

Thanks Zdenek.

But the thing is I want clock to be sent through midi to control things like the speed of my lfo, I just don’t want the M32′s sequencer to start.

I know this is probably something that Moog should fix, giving an option to activate/deactivate the M32′s sequencer. But they don’t.

In ableton, if I disable “sync” then it works fine, but I’m looking for an option to not have to use a computer, just go directly from my Zaquencer into my modular rig via the M32.

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,
    unfortunately there is no option to disable start/stop messages in the Zaquencer.
    Those messages are part of the Midi standard clock.
    As you said, if there should be an option for it, it should be in the M32.

Some ideas regarding that topic can be found here:
    http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=24452

Have you tried programming a blank sequence in the M32 sequencer so it doesn´t matter if it runs? One user writes:”I have created a empty sequence on M32 by entering a rest on step 1. Now when I start Live it does not go bongbongbong”

One user has a workaround: “disabling the m32 sequencer: Assignable OUT of M32 set to “step1 trigger” into Sequencer run/stop. The first note is played, then the seq. stops.”

You could also try to find a small midi filter box to filter out start/stop messages (make sure it can filter start/stop message types).

Hope I could give you some ideas.

Best,
    Christian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.