The best way to route a set up using ZAQ as Master?

Home Forums Support The best way to route a set up using ZAQ as Master?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of alien_brain alien_brain 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if any of you could help me out if possible, please?

First of all, what I have use of in my set up so far.

Mackie Onyx Blackbird FW interface (8 inputs)
    Roland UM-880 Patcher (8 In 8 Out Midi Ports)
    ZAQ using internal
    Novation Drum Station v2 (It has DIN sync Out, Midi In, Out, Thru)
    Roland TR8 (It has Midi In, Out/Thru)
    Novation Super Bass Station (It has clock out,CV & Gate Output, Midi In, Out,Thru)

Arturia Microbrute (It has Pitch Out, Gate Out, Gate In, Midi In)
    Alesis QX49 Midi Controller (It has Midi Out, Midi Computer Out)

Presonus Studio One V3 (If I was to record or use in my Set up)

I did have a rough set up, after hours of trial & error then I decided to change the routing of it all by starting a-fresh after my BCR decided to slowly die( got a fully functional one now) & now I have boxed my head in trying to figure out the routing, So now all Midi cables,etc are unplugged as to start from scratch.

Sorry for the noob question, I’m just trying to understand the Midi routing process for Hardware set up.

My question is… What is the best way to route using ZAQ as Master?

Track 1
    Track 2
    Track 3
    Track 4

Thanks in advance & Sorry for the long post!

Also, BIG THANKS to Christian for the speedy support with the BCR Hardware issue!

• This topic was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Avatar of Mike Mike.
    Mike
    Participant

I’ve followed the”Getting Started Thread” So I now have Track 1 Bass Station Track 2 TR8 & can now hopefully go from there with the Midi routing.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Avatar of Mike Mike. Reason: Link to "Getting Started Thread did not link for me
    Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,
    sounds like you are pretty well equipped, already with a Midi patchbay and a nice setup of synths! While I don´t have personal experience with Midi patchbays, I imagine it would be best to just hook up all your synths/Zaquencer/computer to the patchbay and then have the option to really route very flexible how you want to use it (jamsession/recording/keyboard input, all just a routing setting away). Does it also do Midi Merge/Split operations?
    You could use it to distribute the clock, or collect Midi input for the Zaquencer from different sources (keyboard/computer/controller).

If you want to hook up everything to the Zaquencer at the same time, and don´t plan to use every voice of each drumcomputer, you could check out the following tip here, to trigger up to 16 sounds from both drummachines from only one Zaquencer track:
    https://zaqaudio.com/forums/topic/hook-up-more-drummachines-to-the-same-track

I see you´ve found the “Getting Started” already so maybe you´re already set?

It´s a bit hard for me to get into your thought process and what you want to accomplish with the setup, but if you have more specific questions I´ll be happy to address them.

alien_brain
    Participant

with a name like mike303 you should be telling us how its done!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.