Tips for applying the overlay sticker

Home Forums Tips and Tricks Tips for applying the overlay sticker

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of paul paul 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Keymaster

A video with some tips for applying the overlay here:
    http://youtu.be/IO8CtrJ1ilU

Mike
    Participant

I followed this instruction, but could not get the sticker to fit perfectly. The play button is still slightly obstructed by the sticker. It works fine – I can press all the buttons, and no LEDs are obstructed, but it doesn’t fit quite as well as it could. I couldn’t find a way to set it so that none of the buttons were coming in contact with the sticker. Is this normal when applying the sticker?

alien_brain
    Participant

yes i think so. mine was this way. i still love it tho.

Djsteve
    Participant

Here is a small trick to make it fit better: I noticed that if you remove the side panels, there are nuts underneath the side panels so you can slightly adjust the upper panel vs lower panel. I needed to cut a part of the lower panel sticker. If I knew that I could ‘ve moved the upper panel slightly to ‘behind’ it wouldn’t have been cut.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar of Djsteve Djsteve.
    Djsteve
    Participant

edit

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar of Djsteve Djsteve.
    paul
    Participant

I cut the side sections off each part of my overlay and stuck them on separately, in order to have the best alignment for the encoders while avoiding issues with the buttons on the right.

My overlay sections are printed a bit too wide (encoder numbers need to be a shade closer together horizontally). No big deal tho.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.