Transpose sequence knob

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Transpose sequence knob

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Robert Robert 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

It would be nice to be able to transpose the all sequence with the already existent transpose knob. Now we just can do it with an external keyboard, but it will be nice to do it with a knob, at least one octave down and up, like in the old step sequencers.

Daniel
    Participant

Any love for that? That would spare the Midi In connexion for other things and no need for an extra keyboard. And I think it could be implemented adding, say, a very simple new global menu in the second raw with -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, +3 or at least adding just -1, 0, +1 in the existing Transpose Enable one.

Daniel
    Participant

Perhaps it will be a little more complicated because this feature is just interesting if it can be implemented per each track independently …

Christian
    Keymaster

Yeah I´m not quite sure if I can squeeze it into the interface.
    Btw, have you checked out holding down the pitch button while turning an encoder to modify all steps at once? This will effectively transpose the sequence, but of course to go back you´d have to either load a pattern or remember which note you´ve started from. I know it´s not as flexible as an additional transpose feature (which does exist over Midi as you know), but maybe it can help you achieve your goal anyway.

Daniel
    Participant

Ok! I thought that would change all steps pitch parameters to the same levels, but if it is working as you say, as a kind of sequence pitch transpose encoder, it’s more or less enough for me!

Robert
    Participant

Hey, why not implementing a transpose function using the smart Mini Keyboard already available in the Tap Input mode?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.