Zaquencer sequencing Akai Rhythm Wolf – help

Home Forums Support Zaquencer sequencing Akai Rhythm Wolf – help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dissocioo
    Participant

I connected the midi out of the zaquencer to the midi in of the Akai Rhythm Wolf.
    How do i sequence the machine in drum mode and how can i get the zaquencer in drum mode to sequence individual drums separately.
    can anyone give me some advice ?

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi dissocioo,
    first, please check out the “getting started” here:
    https://zaqaudio.com/forums/topic/sticky-usage-getting-started

This is a step-by-step instruction.
    The drum mode description starts at the middle of the page (To create a drum track…)

If you have any more questions after reading this, please post back here and I´ll be happy to answer them!

dissocioo
    Participant

This worked in terms of informing me about the drum mode but i cannot seem to be able to map my analogue drum machine to the sequencer in any way. How do i map the drum sequence from the zaq to play the drum machine …. the machine i am trying to connect it to has very few midi options, (just selection of out/thru) but nothing when it comes to the input. The zaq is running the sequence but the drum machine is not out-putting any sound.
    Thanks for the help !

Christian
    Keymaster

Ah I think I understand.

To recap the mapping process in short:

You have to match 3 parameters from the Zaquencer to your Drummachine.
    - Midi Out A/B (on which physical output of the BCR the drummachine is connected)
    - Midi Channel
    - Midi Notes

First you have to find out on which Midi Channel and on which notes your Drummachine is able to receive Midi data (for example Midi channel 10, note 64 is Kick, 65 is snare etc etc.).

Then you have to enter these values for your selected drumtrack on the Zaquencer:
    - Midi Out A/B => Global Menu, encoders 17, 19, 21, 23, depending on track
    - Midi Channel => Global Menu, encoders 18, 20, 22, 24, depending on track
    - Midi Notes => Global Menu, hold track button and twist encoders 1-16 for the respective druminstrument

Once you have adjusted these parameters in the Zaquencer to match your drummachine, the drumtrack in the Z. will correctly trigger your druminstruments.

About the Rhythm Wolf specifically:
    I´ve quickly checked the Rhythm Wolf Manual, but they didn´t show the Midi-In implentation and refer to the website, where there is no additional info (huh?).

If the midi mapping is unclear, I advise trying all the Midi channels (starting with 1 and 10 as these are the most common defaults for drums) and then twisting the first encoder in the Global Menu´s Drum-Instruments section (holding the track button, see above). When adjusting the note, the Zaquencer will play out the note (if the track is not muted in Mixer Menu), so you can just twist until the Rhythm Wolf reacts.
    Alternatively if you have a Midi Keyboard it might be easier to find out the mapping. Just hook up the Keyboard to the Rhythm Wolf´s Midi-In, and subsequently try all notes on all channels.

Please let me know if you have additional specific questions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.