Additional Intervals

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Additional Intervals

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of mks30 mks30 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    erwan Bz✨
    Participant

that angelfire page is great!

I updated the chords spreadsheet to include more chords (again, in my opinion, the more “useful” ones – note the “hendrix” chord @ #48 ;) and separate families further ie. added DIMINISHED (60-69 because of the 6 semitones charaterizing it) and AUGMENTED (80-89 because of the 8 semitones charaterizing it) families.

(I realised after my first post that displaying the chord name is not exactly an option is it?!)

Following Tommy Down’s ‘coltrane progressions’ suggestion, a start might be to add some chords as new “scales” choices? alternatively we could have more user defined scale presets?
    and yes it would extremely awesome to be able to program chords changes, ie control the scale changes + scale root not just manually on the global level, but per sequence, via CC I guess.

sorry, more requests! do these require their own threads?

broxalot
    Participant

i made a thread awhile ago about inversions. would love to see it implemented. i would use it so much more if it was. my idea was basically to turn a knob and it would bring the top note down an octave, keep turning and the next note jumps down and octave ect. dunno if its possible though.

mks30
    Participant

The Scales of Harmonies: Here

This PDF contains an overview of the 33 scales presented in this NewJazz lesson: https://youtu.be/Vq2xt2D3e3E

The scales are organized in 7 families.

Each family has a specific interval pattern and the scales can be defined by the degree/starting-point on that interval pattern.

The 33 scales are derived by complying with some very simple rules:
    1) The scales may only contain half, whole and whole-and-a-half steps.
    2) Half steps may not be neighbors.
    3) Whole and Whole-and-a-half steps may not be neighbors.
    4) Whole-and-a-half steps may not be neighbors.

If we comply with these simple rules we limit our total number of scales to 33 AND we make sure
    that all our scales are well suited for building up straightforward and evident harmonies.

That may also be why these 33 “scales of harmonies” have been so popular throughout western music history!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.