Chaining Patterns

Home Forums Support Chaining Patterns

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Bodo Bodo 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

Does anyone know how to do this? I essentially want to create one long 128 step sequence. Thanks!

Bodo
    Participant

Same problem here. I strictly followed the instruction manual (at least I believe I did) and tried for an hour or so (keeping one button pressed while pushing the other in Load mode), but gave up frustrated. It doesn’t chain the patterns as desired but simply plays them 1 – 2 – 3- 4… and so one.

Jon
    Participant

What section of the manual was that? I couldn’t find anything!

Bodo
    Participant

There’s a ‘Pattern Chain’ section in chapter 9, “Load Menu”. It’s on page 25 in the current manual version.

Christian
    Keymaster

The pattern chain function is a very simple functionality. You can basically just make the Zaquencer play consecutive patterns in a row, and start again from the first one.

This is how: go to Load menu, hold the button of the first pattern while pressing the button of the last pattern. It will then play the patterns from the first to the last.
    Example: hold pattern 2 while pressing pattern 5, then you´ll get 2-3-4-5-2-3-4-5-2- etc…

Bodo
    Participant

Ah OK, thanks. Seems I misunderstood the feature: I thought it was similar to the pattern chain mode of the Beatstep Pro where you can chain them in any order you like, for instance 2-7-3-4-1-8-15-12…

OK, considering on what I intended for a piece I’m currently writing I’ll have to find a workaround for that bit then :).

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Avatar of Bodo Bodo.
    Christian
    Keymaster

as a workaround you could try to copy your patterns to slots in the right order.
    just load a pattern and store it again in a different slot.
    be careful not to overwrite good patterns though!
    maybe make a SysEx dump for backup before…

Bodo
    Participant

Sure, but that won’t work in this particular case: I have a number of bass line (Volca Bass sequenced by Beatstep Pro; 16 patterns with 64 steps each) and string (JX-03 sequenced by the Zaquencer; 12 patterns with 32 steps each) patterns that will be played several times in different orders throughout the song (a kind of building block system, actually). I can do the bass chain on the BSP using several pattern chains in ‘scene mode’, since that gives me more than 16 slots.

Well, perhaps I’ll just (have to) switch between patterns on the Zaquencer manually then. I’ll see and get it done somehow :).

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Avatar of Bodo Bodo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.