direct note length editing in ticks

Home Forums Feature Wishlist direct note length editing in ticks

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Siegmar Kreie Siegmar Kreie 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    alien_brain
    Participant

i love the musical note lengths available now but wouldnt it be great to set the lengths arbitrarily? not a big deal but might be nice or useful

Christian
    Keymaster

hehe, this is how it was in the beginning… I like the idea, but it might be hard to fit it into the user interface. are more people interested in this?

Citric
    Participant

what do you mean exsactly? sorry non native english speaker…i hate this english ;)

alien_brain
    Participant

it means chose the length in midi timing tics (so the notes can be any length, not just a note division)

alien_brain
    Participant

btw why couldnt you simply have a list that was note divisions first, and then 1-96 or whatever

Citric
    Participant

ah ok. thats sounds nice but, in both directions, also in the negative way ;)

Christian
    Keymaster

btw why couldnt you simply have a list that was note divisions first, and then 1-96 or whatever

That sounds like a good idea.

alien_brain
    Participant

768 i mean

Omnichordman
    Participant

I totally opt for midi timing in tics as a option beyond note divisions!

Tom
    Participant

This would be great – I’d love to be able to keep the current note divisions as they are useful but sometimes you want to be able to get a bit more granular with the note lengths! Either midi tics or milliseconds (would prefer midi tics)

Jeremy
    Participant

Same here, would be a nice feature.

Omnichordman
    Participant

I would love to see this feature!

alien_brain
    Participant

+1

hey, dejavu! ;)

pure
    Participant

i also support this feature request.
    one idea for the UI: right now you have to turn CW to go from 1/96th – 4beats. the tick/ms values could increase CCW – so they would start “left” of 1/96th with their minimum value and then get bigger the more you turn the dial CCW.
    oh and while we are at it… i wouldn’t mind 3/4 as additional note length:
    4, t2, 2, (t3 – does this make any sense?), 3, t1b,…

Christian
    Keymaster

I´ve checked this in the code and unfortunately the number of note length settings is limited to 16 (what we´re having now). The variable is only 4 bit, so it can point to 16 arbitrary lengths – this was already done to maximise the use of the flash pattern space.
    It would be possible to sacrifice some of the longer noteLength settings for putting in shorter tick settings in between at the beginning.
    Is anyony realisticly using 4 bars and 2 bars as note lengths?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.