direct note length editing in ticks

Home Forums Feature Wishlist direct note length editing in ticks

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Siegmar Kreie Siegmar Kreie 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Zymos
    Participant

Personally I’d rather you not sacrifice the longer notes for this.

pure
    Participant

2 bars are necessary to place for example a breakbeat loop that goes over all 32 steps (if steps are 16th), right? if so then 2 bars should probably stay. 4 bars could be sacrificed if “3″ (3/4) seems more helpful.

alien_brain
    Participant

oh well. not a super big deal.

btw im always having strange behavior when a note is longer than the one that comes right after it… it seems the first note continues after the second note is done.

Siegmar Kreie
    Participant

I think, it`s a good deal. With 4 tracks, I use these for rythmical relevant stuff and keep the layer chords elswhere.

Christian
    Keymaster

btw im always having strange behavior when a note is longer than the one that comes right after it… it seems the first note continues after the second note is done.

is this when the two notes have the same pitch? I have noticed that when this is the case and the notes overlap, the note off from the first note might actually turn off the second one, so that the first one continues longer. might that description fit what you´re experiencing? but this didn´t really strike me as a bug, more like how midi works…

alien_brain
    Participant

yeah i guess so. im also using a monophonic synth. guess i should expect that behavior.

von haulshoven
    Participant

I use 2 and 4 bars a lot special for ambient chord track, I wish there where 8 bars also.

Zymos
    Participant

I’m using the longer notes as chord fed into an arpeggiator.

pure
    Participant

hm maybe mr. zaq can come up with a solution how each of us can make his/her own set of 16 different durations. the chord function works somehow similarily.

Siegmar Kreie
    Participant

If a steplength would be divided in 16 substeps with the last substep equals steplength so that:
    - on pitchchange, the noteoff would be played after the next noteon, for fingered legato to be switched
    - with no pitchchange, the noteoff and next noteon would not be played, so the note would be prolonged
    we could have short notes/chords and long notes and fingered legato.
    We would loose the possibility of overlapping long notes, though.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.