Inputting notes/chords from MIDI keyboard?

Home Forums Support Inputting notes/chords from MIDI keyboard?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zymos
    Participant

Is it possible to do that? I read somewhere on the internet that a user claimed you could, but I don’t see anything in the docs about it, only about transposing a sequence.

alien_brain
    Participant

not chords, only the root note can be inputted. check out the manual in the downloads section. its not scary!

Zymos
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve read it. Can you point me towards the part that explains how to input notes from an external keyboard?

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi! This is part of the Tap Write functionality of the Instrument select menu (see manual P. 24).
    The process goes like this: Enter Instr. Select Menu => Hit “Tap Write” (the Page > button) => Have the sequencer playing => play notes on Midi keyboard connected to the “Midi In” => Voilá

And alien brain is right, this only works for single notes (and drum hits on drumtracks), not for chords

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Avatar of Christian Christian.
    Zymos
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for pointing that outs!

Axton
    Participant

Is there any way to program notes for individual steps using a midi keyboard with the sequenced stopped?

Christian
    Keymaster

Is there any way to program notes for individual steps using a midi keyboard with the sequenced stopped?

No, the tap write function only works with the sequencer playing at the moment.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Avatar of Christian Christian.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.