Issue in tap write mode

Home Forums Support Issue in tap write mode

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Just Friday Just Friday 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Zdenek
    Participant

I’m having an issue with tap write function, not sure what I’m doing wrong. I have had it working fine in the past previously, but I must have edited some settings recently to mess it up.

What’s happening is when I enter tap write – monitor mode, the Zaquencer triggers my synth to play on each step without me hitting any buttons. Then when I enter tap write – record mode, it records every step without me hitting anything.

This happens to both tracks I have active.

Connections:

TR-8 Master clock to Zaquencer midi in
    Zaq midi out A to Minilogue (Track 2 – receives clock from Zaq)
    Zaq midi out B to Volca Keys (Track 1 – doesn’t receive clock)

I have no idea what I changed or how to get it to function regularly again. Any suggestions?

Here’s a video of what’s happening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKLCEcO0I5w

Francisco
    Participant

Are you sure the TR8 is not sending midi notes with the clock? did you try to filter everything that comes in Zaquencer? or try without midi input?

Christian
    Keymaster

I think Francisco might be right. It looks like there are notes being sent to the Zaquencer.
    The monitoring function just routes the notes coming in back to the selected output.

Zdenek
    Participant

Ahh yes, that was it, my TR-8 was sending midi notes out, oops :/

Thanks Francisco and Christian. The Zaquencer is amazing and so much fun Christian, thanks for all your work and support on this product!

Christian
    Keymaster

Happy that this could be resolved and thanks for the kind words :)

Just Friday
    Participant

Is there a way to filter the midi notes coming in and use the tap/write without “hearing” what’s coming in the zaquencer?
    I tried to find a way but don’t succeed in…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.