Knobs replacement

Home Forums Support Knobs replacement

This topic contains 77 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Miroslav
    Participant

Hi just want to know if is there any replacement knobs for buy? I assume there will be problems with knobs, some start to not work perfectly but still usable. BCR looks pretty repairable.
    I have some basic soldering skills but dont know where to buy this. Yes there is always solution to salvage them from another BCR, but this is not much elegant solution.
    And i think there is possible to switch CPU board to another BCR. That I think is against nothing, because there still will be only one authorized BCR, but still I thing this is also unnecessary.
    So is there any chance to get those?

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Miroslav,
    thanks for your question!
    While I don´t have any personal experience with BCR replacement knobs, some people over here http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=19052 exchanged experiences about fitting spare parts. One guy reported success in exchanging an encoder. If you need more information, maybe you can post there or even send them a private message?

Miroslav
    Participant

Many thanks for quick reaction, I will try if necessary. If there will be success i will share it.

Cyril
    Participant

I did change an encoder, after buying it at the local store, I did bring the thing and the guy gave me another one almost identical : it’s cranted, but that didn’t solve the probleme, leds are lit, but no move and no midi message sent, I don’t know where to go…

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Cyril,
    sorry to hear that you are having problems with your encoders.
    Please write an email with the error description and details about what you are experiencing to support@zaqaudio.com and we´ll see if we can help you further with it.

Cyril
    Participant

Hi, sorry but the issue was there when I bought the BCR, it’s not due to your firmware =)

However, if you have a hint to check the unit, I’ll take it =)

Paolo
    Participant

The firmware is fantastic, the problem is the hardware. I bought my bcr last week, brand new, just for zaquencer. After some days I’ ve already some problems with ghost editing, in particular with seq start button and 6/7/8 encoders….

alien_brain
    Participant

yeah i was wondering if there were higher spec drop in encoders available…

Miroslav
    Participant

Hi, is there anybody knows on what basis the knobs work? On Akai APC40 there are very similar knobs but far better. Unfortunately I sold mine. When I will have more time, I will make measurements if it is pot or encoder. Yes they looks similar, but it is different. It would be awesome to have zaquencer with better knobs or even encoders. I will be my next project after synth on what i am working now. I thing this machine is worth it.

Paolo
    Participant

I’m the only one with problems with buttons also?

Christian
    Keymaster

To anyone following this topic, one user has reported success with dropping in these encoders as substitute: http://de.rs-online.com/web/p/product/7295804/?grossPrice=Y&cm_mmc=DE

He said that they are rasterized, which is not so nice, but in practice they work for him.
    Also with this lead one might be able to find non-reasterized encoders as well.

Regarding the ghost encoder problem mentioned by Paolo, it should have been fixed with update 1.02. Please let me know if the update shouldn´t have fixed ghost editing for you.

Weirdly acting Buttons are most likely connected to the multiplexer hardware error. Please see this page for a possible fix:
    http://ricardo-dias.com/2013/07/19/repairing-a-behringer-bcf2000/

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Avatar of Christian Christian.
    Martin
    Participant

As Chris said, these encoders do work (for me), they have the exact right pin/leg positions and fit inside the LED rings.
    just the shaft is a little bit shorter, but the knob caps do fit onto them.

rasterized might be a problem in some rare cases, but for me (especially when using scales), it hasn´t been so far.

Where can I find the 1.03 version update? it isn´t showing up for me in “my account”…

Christian
    Keymaster

Thanks for chiming in, Martin!
    Oops sorry my bad. The most recent update is 1.02 and that is the one that fixes the ghost encoders. To not further confuse, I´ll edit my post above to show 1.02.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Avatar of Christian Christian.
    FlavioB
    Participant

Hi everybody.
    I just want to share my experience regarding replacement parts.
    In particular, my BCR2000 has some rotary pots in the upper/first row which act strange: they do not change parameters well, they’re unresponsive at most times.
    Now, I seeked by myself some officiel Behringer replacement vendor and found TRIPLEX Service GmbH in Germany.
    I asked them for replacement of the push-encoders, they told me that they got those items for like under 3 €/piece and I replied to them, if those are really the ones with the push function. They told me that, yes, those are exactly the ones I was asking for in my first email.
    OK – I ordered 4 of them, received them, unpacked them… and had to find out that those weren’t the “push” ones!!! :-(
    Now they told me that they might have found the right component, but it costs like over 5 €/piece. I asked them kindly to please first of all check if those really have the “push” function (as they didn’t have on stock). I’m waiting for a reply so far…

Now, as far as I can see from the link to RS components, the rasterized potentiometer is also the “non-push” one, correct? If yes, for everybody seeking for the “non-push” rotary potentiometers, TRIPLEX Service GmbH does have the correct and right ones!!! I have 4 pcs. spare now, which I’d eventually sell to somebody in need of them (same price as I paid to TRIPLEX of course!).

The encoder is: VE-ED1214B/D24/L30/WO/V6 (there’s also a part number, which I believe is internal to TRIPLEX: Y32-30030-04289).

Finally, I got to ask: has anybody been successful by finding the right PUSH-encoder replacement parts? If yes, please share!

Thanks,
    Flavio.

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Flavio,
    thanks a lot for sharing your experiences! Very interesting contact with Triplex there.

Have you heard back form them about the 5 Euro push encoder yet?

By the way, just a general thought about replacement encoders:
    if you can only find rasterized ones with the usual suppliers, shouldn´t it be possible to remove the rasterization by opening the pot and removing the metal raster ring?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.