Pattern free/used status display

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Pattern free/used status display

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FlavioB
    Participant

Hi there.
    I’d really like to be able to know, by simply looking at the pattern LEDs, which pattern already contains data (which means, I have saved it) and which pattern is still free for use (like a free memory slot).
    Of course, I guess in combination with the above request, there should be a function to completely empty all patterns – or is this already available?
    Thanks for your feedback!
    Flavio.

Martin
    Participant

Yep, that would be a nice feature

+1

FlavioB
    Participant

Anybody else?
    @Chris: did you add this on the “new feature list”?

BR,
    Flavio.

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Flavio,
    thanks for sharing the feature request!
    While I understand the idea behind it, I had thought about it before and back then had decided against it. The reason was that I wanted the Store/Load pages to look distinctly different from the Main/Mixer/Global pages so you do not accidentally trigger a load or sometimes even worse, a store, thinking you´re in a different menu. This is why all the LEDs light up. Also to have an indicator for empty/used is not so trivial to do and either requires additional flash memory or a routine that checks all the patterns on entering a menu.

Regarding your other question about emptying all the patterns, you can re-initialize the Zaquencer by holding “Page<” and “Stop/Play” at startup. This will reset all flash memory (= all the patterns and the global settings). For single patterns you could always record an empty pattern via SysEx and then just send it back to clear a single pattern, or copy it from an empty slot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.