Please help installing firmware

Home Forums Support Please help installing firmware

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Hi from the Netherlands,

I cannot instal the firmware and follow exactly the instructions but the screen from the BCR stays in “LOAD” position (nothing happened) and on my Midi-OX (and interface) everything is working. I have tried several different Midi interface and my best interface (roland UM-ONE) is also not working (works well by other synth, I just tried)
    Output buffer 512, timing 150ms and after F7 everything is correct.

Looks that the BCR accept nothing (is a new BCR, this morning bought)

Does anyone have tips or suggestions for me ?

Regards !

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,
    I have noticed this behaviour with some Midi interfaces that just did not want to work for sending the large SysEx strings. Not only cheap ones, for example also with the RME FF400.
    Which ones have you tried on top of the Roland UM ONE?

Some users have reported better luck with the free Elektron C6 software for uploading the firmware: http://eu.elektron.se/support/?connection=accessories (click “Downloads”).

Cheers!

Rob
    Participant

Hi Christian, thanks for your quick replay.

I have also a midi interface from M-Audio and from Mode machines.

This evening I try the C6 software from Elektron, I let you know if it works.

Cheers

Rob
    Participant

I tried to instal with USB (I saw this in earlier posts) and follow:

First put the BCR in U1 mode : Start it in a normal way, press Edit and Store simultaneously and put the upper knob 1 to the far left : U1

Switch the BCR off. Plug the USB cable, start the BCR in normal way, launch MIDIOX

Go to Actions, Send > sysex file, choose the Zaq sysex file and send it. The BCR will display some numbers (every 10% the counter increases)

Once finished, switch off the BCR and Switch it on, the Zaq demo mode will be started, I will try this out now =)

It words perfectly !!! Now I send you the Challenge code :)

Cheers and also thanks to Cyril.

Christian
    Keymaster

Ok, great to hear that it worked!
    Please keep in mind though that using USB for installing the Zaquencer is a one-way-street.
    The USB mode will be disabled with the Zaquencer firmware so it´s a good idea to find a working Midi-USB solution for updates or rollbacks.

Cheers!

Schneefels
    Participant

Hello unfortunatly I went that oneway-usb-street but with the demo… :-(
    Preparing myself for the full version I tried to send the Behringer firmware, but I cant get it on the bcr. I tried midiox and C6 over the built-in interface of my miditech keyboard, sometimes strange numbers appear one the bcr screen but it doesnt work. Which cheap midi-interface works? I will it buy just for the zaquencer firmware. Thanks for helping me!

Edit: I searched the forum, i will buy a m-audio interface and then come back to this.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Avatar of Schneefels Schneefels.
    Schneefels
    Participant

My advice to everyone who has trouble with flashing the firmware: Buy the M-Audio and stick to the manual, even I as a total sysex noob had success!

Christian
    Keymaster

Glad to know it worked! Thanks for your feedback.

Mateen
    Participant

I tried everything but cant get my bcr to update. I know the bcr is receiving the information. The “L” in LOAD blinks but I dont get the counting numbers. My interface should be fine as I used it to install Zaquencer when I first purchased the bcr.

Cheers.

Christian
    Keymaster

Can you please describe what steps you´re taking to upload it?

Also, which system (Win, Mac) and interface are you using? Which software are you using (MidiOx…)? Have you tried Elektron C6 as an alternative?

Mateen
    Participant

Im on a mac with osx Sierra. Im using SysEx Librarian with a Creative EMU MIDI Interface. I’v tried using C6 but got the same results.

Christian
    Keymaster

One more idea, have you tried uploading another firmware, either an old Zaquencer or the original Behringer? Does that behave differently? Maybe the update file got corrupted somehow.

Mateen
    Participant

Just tried this. No luck :(

Christian
    Keymaster

I must admit, I´m all out of ideas.

Last one: can you borrow a different USB Midi interface from somewhere, or order one to try it with another interface?

I have a RME Fireface 400 here and when I upload it with that, “LOAd” never changes and nothing happens.

I know you wrote you successfully used your interface before, but it doesn´t hurt to try.

Mateen
    Participant

How do I change the output buffer size on syses Librarian for Mac?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.