Possible 64 step cheat?

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Possible 64 step cheat?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of bg bg 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kieran
    Participant

So much music is written using repeated patterns where the first measure is the same as the third and the second and forth measures are just variations of eachother, I often write two bars, copy and paste it, edit the second bar, repeat.

In a 64 note sequence, that would result in a lot of measures getting written over and over again.

If we took each row and call them a,b,c, and d, and could program them to play back: a,b,a,c,a,b,a,d. You have a 64 note sequence that plays back the way most music is written anyway.

Now use the clock divider, note delay, and ratchet (to get those in between notes), throw in a bit of modulation, and you’d have a nice long, evolving pattern written very quickly.

So I guess I’m requesting the possibility of playing back pattern chunks in that order?

bg
    Participant

+1 for something along these lines, even a “copy/paste next 4/8/16 steps” function or something

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.