Replacing/Fixing faulty encoders or switches

Home Forums Support Replacing/Fixing faulty encoders or switches

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 6 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dan Haglund
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been reading about the zaquencer and think it would make a great addition to my setup. Since the bcr2000 seem to be out of production, I’ve been looking at used ones on eBay, but have some concerns about buying this second hand given build quality. If I pull the trigger and end up with something that isn’t 100%, e.g. some encoders skipping or whatever, how easy is it to source the parts and replace e.g. encoders and buttons? Does anybody have experience with this, or even part numbers to order for example from mouser? I don’t have any experience soldering (and with a small baby around I won’t have time to learn any time soon!) So would get somebody to help with this.

Gutted behringer took these out of production…

Thanks in advance!

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

you can find the part numbers for the encoders in this thread:
    https://zaqaudio.com/forums/topic/knobs-replacement

I have sourced the top row pots (with pushbutton) once from Mouser.com, but now mine are sold out. Another user, FlavioB, has once sourced them from TRIPLEX (Germany).

I have not found a source for the bottom encoders or the pushbuttons yet.

Another idea would be to get a second cheap BCR for parts.

Yeah too bad the BCR2000 is out of production. I think it came out in 2004 so it had a good run of 13 years.

Best,
    Christian

Dan Haglund
    Participant

Hi Christian, this is a very useful resource – thanks.

I bit the bullet and bought a second-hand BCR2000. Super excited about this, and look forward to getting into the zaquencer and how it works :)

Just one question – the seller said it had the latest firmware, but when I boot up it says 1.04 on the screen – so I’m guessing it is an old firmware :/

I have contacted the seller to give me the authorisation key so I can download the latest firmware. Two questions:
    - if he doesn’t get back to me, is there some way I can still upgrade? e.g. if I send a picture of the serial number and you perhaps have a database on BCRs that have been ‘activated’
    - if I get an authorisation code, where do I download the firmware? I couldn’t see it in the downloads section of the site…

Thanks so much in advance,
    Dan

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Dan, please write me a quick email to support@zaqaudio.com so I can reach you per mail.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.