Running as Midi Slave: Midi Clock Output delayed

Home Forums Bug Reports Running as Midi Slave: Midi Clock Output delayed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of kobayashi kobayashi 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kobayashi
    Participant

hello,

a few days ago i found the zaquencer thread at syntesizerforum,
    saturday we went to thomann and pick up a new bcr.

back home, purchased the firmware, flashed it and had
    a very good and long night in my studio.

this machine is really awesome.

i run my zaquencer (running v1.02) as midi slave and the sequencer runs thight so far.
    if i use midi thru the clock signal is delayed.
    of course, midi thru is disabled in that case
    if i use clock out (thru disabled) on output a or b or both, they also been delayed

i tried different configurations and devices.

greetz,
    tom

alien_brain
    Participant

delayed by how much approximately

Christian
    Keymaster

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

First of all, I´m also interested in what Alien asked, can you say by how much the clock is delayed?

What I could reproduce here is the following:
    - clock through is indeed delayed by one Midi tick (approx. 20ms), when “Clock out” is used.
    - clock through is NOT delayed when “Midi Through” is used.

This led me to the place of the bug in the code, and I was already able to fix the discrepancy. With the next update clock through will not be delayed in either mode. In the meantime I advise to use “Midi Through” also for clock duties (will be no disadvantage).

If you also observe a delayed clock when using Midi Through, or if it´s more than one Midi tick (20ms) then you might be having a different issue. I then would be happy about more details about your setup (which outputs are you using, what is creating the master clock, which BPM, etc…), to try and reproduce it here.

kobayashi
    Participant

hello guys,

thanks for the replys.

the thing is, it doesnt depend on my setup, cause i tried different variations.
    masterclock cames from mpc, tr8 or machinedrum. only start/stop and clock was sent to the zaquencer, no midi notes or cc´s.

if i activate the midi thru on output B on my zaquencer, doesn´t matter what kind of device i hook up as slave (any volca, tb303, etc…) the clock is delayed.

maybe it was my mistake an i had wrong global settings or so, but i am pretty shure it wasnt.

ill give it another try after work and post my feedback here as soon as i can!

have a nice day guys!
    greetz,
    tom

kobayashi
    Participant

oh mann ich honk.

ok, it was my mistake. i think i did not save the global settings by leaving the menu pressing global again. now midi thru works fine, but clock out is delayed.

thanks for the fast response!

btw, today my overlay arrived. the cutouts should be reworked for a better fit.
    but its ok now as it is.

thanks for your awesome software

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.