Sequencer 'Legato' Option

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Sequencer 'Legato' Option

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of alien_brain alien_brain 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chase
    Participant

So maybe this is not possible, but there is a feature in Ableton and on the Korg Volcas where when you switch the sequence, it retains it’s position and switches immediately.

So like if you are in pattern 1 at step 3 and you switch to pattern 2, it will keep going at step 4. It’s kind of a nice way to jam fills with other sequences and etc.

Obviously not everybody wants this function, but I think it would be a nice option to have in settings especially with the quantization feature because I want it to be quantized to 16th notes, but I don’t want to lose my phrasing as I’m playing, if that makes sense.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Avatar of Chase Chase.
    alien_brain
    Participant

i would absolutely love this function!

Zymos
    Participant

Great idea!

rempesm
    Participant

That would be an excellent addition.

Conor
    Participant

Yes!

alien_brain
    Participant

Christian, is this possible? this is a big one for me

Christian
    Keymaster

well I think by now you know how I´m not able to promise specific features :)
    technically this should be possible. it´s more a conceptual problem, to cover all the scenarios, like what happens with legato mode when the sequence start and length parameters between the two patterns greatly differ. also in load menu I´m really running out of buttons!
    there are the push encoders, but I don´t really like how they feel.
    I like the idea and could imagine exploring it, but at the moment other features are more pressing in my book, so it would be a while anyway.

alien_brain
    Participant

DOH! just saw this

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.