smaller form factor, battery pack and bluetooth midi

Home Forums Feature Wishlist smaller form factor, battery pack and bluetooth midi

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alien_brain
    Participant

can we shrink it down to a calculator watch please? i wanna strap it on my wrist and go live on stage! i got a volca keys in my pocket and a volca sampler in the other… got my intrapersonal midi system up and ready

Christian
    Keymaster

great idea! but why stop there? I think it´s time to start working on my brain-implant midi step sequencer idea. don´t worry, it´ll be wireless midi, no need for an ugly din-sync midi jack on your forehead ;)

alien_brain
    Participant

oh? i think i wouldnt mind a midi jack on my forehead

alien_brain
    Participant

im beginning to see that there really isnt much more room for some requested features to happen… perhaps you could let us in on the types of things that are possible?

i personally like it as is and any minor improvements are icing on the cake so to speak.

Christian
    Keymaster

I´m happy if you can see it that way, that is probably the best way to see it.

Well, as has come up a number of times, the pattern flash memory is full to the point where per-step features are quite impossible to implement. So, features that don´t need a whole lot of flash are way more likely to make it in.
    In lack for a better term, I´d call them “behavioural” features, like the footswitches for example. Just adding a new behaviour by the push of a button, and not a different setting per step. But then these are limited by the use of buttons. I am really really happy now with the intuitivity of the interface, the direct access of every paramter. I think there might be room for a few more things without breaking it, but I´m really watchful about that and would rather leave out features than sacrifice ease of use at this point. Of course, some features will improve ease of use again, so … :)

As I wrote in the sticky of the feature request forum, I am sure to read every request and evaluate it. I can´t comment every request or promise specific features, but will continue working on it. Also, the development process might go slow at times, so if you can see new stuff as icing on the cake this is probably the best attitude towards new features in general.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.