OK here´s a quick step-by-step. This is on the base of a freshly initialized Zaquencer with all the default values and will record a series of notes into track 1.
- connect midi keyboard to Zaquencer Midi In (was on Midi Channel 1, but should not matter)
- check that green “IN” LED lights up on BCR when playing notes on the keyboard
- mute all notes in track 1 => hold “Note Mute” and turn any encoder to the left
- hit “Inst Select”
- hit “Page >” (LCD shows MOn)
- hit “Stop/Play”
- practice sequence
- hit “Page >” (LCD shows rEC)
- record sequence
- hit “Page >” (LCD shows notE) to exit recording mode
Done! The sequencer is now playing and will play back the recorded sequence.
I´ve just followed these steps myself to make sure they work and hope they´ll solve your problem.
Ha, worked this time! I did evertthing the same, but this time when you mentioned “mute all tracks” that mustve done something; I think a track was muted by default so I couldnt tell if anything was being played.
Thank you for the tutorial
I get the method for step recording and succeed at making it, but I am wondering :
Is there a way to have the zaquencer actually wait for a midi note to encode a step instead of having to play the sequence realtime ?