Step Recording

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Step Recording

This topic contains 23 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Juan José
    Participant

+1

But maybe this could be done by ‘simply’ let the “Tap Write” mode to write when the clock is stopped… ¿?

Jordan
    Participant

+1 again for step recording! i also do not understand the tap-write function, exactly. can anyone explain it in a bit more detail than the manual/video go in to?

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Jordan,
    I´m happy to help with the tap write.
    Are there any specific questions you have beyond what the manual and the 1.5 video explains?

Jordan
    Participant

hi christian,
    im following the steps in the video but it’s not registering anything after recording. is there a step-by-step summary you can post?

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Jordan,
    OK here´s a quick step-by-step. This is on the base of a freshly initialized Zaquencer with all the default values and will record a series of notes into track 1.

- connect midi keyboard to Zaquencer Midi In (was on Midi Channel 1, but should not matter)
    - check that green “IN” LED lights up on BCR when playing notes on the keyboard
    - mute all notes in track 1 => hold “Note Mute” and turn any encoder to the left
    - hit “Inst Select”
    - hit “Page >” (LCD shows MOn)
    - hit “Stop/Play”
    - practice sequence
    - hit “Page >” (LCD shows rEC)
    - record sequence
    - hit “Page >” (LCD shows notE) to exit recording mode

Done! The sequencer is now playing and will play back the recorded sequence.
    I´ve just followed these steps myself to make sure they work and hope they´ll solve your problem.

Jordan
    Participant

Ha, worked this time! I did evertthing the same, but this time when you mentioned “mute all tracks” that mustve done something; I think a track was muted by default so I couldnt tell if anything was being played.

Thanks!

eviltez
    Participant

+1

I read and reread the manual too and thought I missed the step input mode :)

Bertrand GUILLO
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    Thank you for the tutorial :)
    I get the method for step recording and succeed at making it, but I am wondering :
    Is there a way to have the zaquencer actually wait for a midi note to encode a step instead of having to play the sequence realtime ?

Thanks !

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Bertrand,
    thanks for your message!
    Unfortunately there is only the realtime recording function and no way to make the Zaquencer wait for the next note.

Best,
    Christian

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.