Sysex dumps of saved patterns?

Home Forums Feature Wishlist Sysex dumps of saved patterns?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of htk htk 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    chaosmoon
    Participant

How about including the globals in sysex dump? When using the Zaq in the studio i will be connecting it to different gear and some machines use fixed mappings.
    I’m referring mainly to drummachines.

It would be nice dump a full state of the machine.

chaosmoon
    Participant

hmm.. i’m starting to get a Genoqs feeling here. Lucky for me this cost me about a 10th of the Nemo.

Christian
    Keymaster

Is a Genoqs feeling a good thing or a bad thing? :)
    Never used one before.

Christian
    Keymaster

Ability to export/import the presets and global settings through SysEx added in version 1.03!

Chase
    Participant

This is a great update, thanks!

I haven’t been keeping up with them so much, but is the additional encoder filtering included in successive updates?

alien_brain
    Participant

simply amazing update. zaq we knew you could do it!

preset manager? wow even bells and whistles! maybe turn it into a kick ass computer sequencer? ;)

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi guys,
    thanks for the warm reception ;)
    @Christa, yes all successive updates contain the changes from the previous ones, so the encoder filter is also in 1.03.

@Alien, yeah there are lots of possibilities for the preset manager! Right now the name might be a bit too big, as it only allows to validate the SysEx files so far :) But who knows what´s to come! Also it´s open source, so if anyone is interested I´ll be happy to assist in a community development effort ;)

Noogs
    Participant

Hi Christian

I’m loving the Zaquencer and the new firmware is a dream come true.

Will I lose my existing patterns when doing th weir ware upgrade or are they safe ?

Thanx
    Nigel

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Nigel,
    thanks for your question!
    Just by updating the firmware, the stored patterns will not be changed at all.

If you then actively work with the export/import function you may choose to overwrite existing patterns by sending the device a batch of new ones.
    It´s pretty well protected by having to press a certain button in the store menu, and it will only overwrite when a valid Zaquencer pattern has been received over Midi, so accidental writes should be as good as impossible.

alien_brain
    Participant

Also it´s open source, so if anyone is interested

brilliant! calling all coders…

rempesm
    Participant

All together now: YES, THANK YOU!

Just need the ability to choose basic intervals from the Chord setting, e.g. major/minor 3rds, 5ths, etc., and this will firmware will be perfect (for what I get up to, anyway).

Although I’m sure there will be plenty of cool updates to come after this (wink wink), anything else would be pure gravy on top.

Thanks for continuing to develop this great sequencer, Christian.

Chase
    Participant

The preset manager won’t run on my computer (Windows XP), is it for 64 bit machines?

htk
    Participant

Very nice update, Thank you! I’m not coding literate, but I hope Zaq / someone else can come up with a librarian for Zaquencer. I checked the manual for the new Beatstep Pro from Arturia and they have good ideas with their software, naming the sequences and arranging them etc. Would be great if Zaquencer had a librarian with good sequence management where you could arrange sets from your sequence data!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.