using footswitch

Home Forums Feature Wishlist using footswitch

This topic contains 32 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of bg bg 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    alien_brain
    Participant

i see your path and im diggin it but isnt there a limit to the flash memory… we would definitely need to give up some patterns for a song mode.

i see a future for zaq programming several iterations of the os. it might work similar to jjos.

what do you think zaq? people are coming up with some coolies here. multiple firmware might entice people to buy more than one license? i dunno. take notes, maybe theres enough interest out there to pursue it further.

anyway, my one wish for a song mode (even though the cc control of pattern playback works awesome for me) would be to split up the patterns in 4 groups assigned one group per track. so then step one of song mode would contain an independent pattern number for all 4 tracks. step two would contain the same or different and so on.

Christian
    Keymaster

lots of great ideas here.

I don´t really plan to create and maintain different branches of the Zaquencer at the moment, if that is how you meant it. Maybe in the future this might become feasible, but it strongly depends on how the Zaquencer will do and how much interest there is in different versions with different main features.

I went back to coding a couple of days ago and plan to release the first minor update with a few bugfixes soon.

Omnichordman
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I vote for FS1 for Start/stop, FS2 for “load next pattern”

…back to Sequencing

alien_brain
    Participant

you will press that button all the time through the whole song haha

DJFonzi
    Participant

New guy, just checked out the demo over the weeked. Digging it so far. Came here to see if there was mention of the footswitches, because I didn’t see anything in the manual.
    I live mostly in the analog world right now, so Zaquencer is appealing to me so I can keep the vibe of what I do, but control some MIDI gear as well. Here’s some things that I think the switch inputs would be great for:
    External clock input (no idea if this is even feasible, but it seems like the A/D should be more than sufficient)

Run/Stop

Pattern A/B – This would be really cool if it didn’t have to latch in software. One could temporarily shift to the B pattern at any time during the A pattern by switching on, and back to A by releasing. Could be thought of as running two lines of a 960 sequential controller into a 962 sequential switch, and switching between them at will.

Note repeat (for ratcheting)

These features would make integrating this into an analog setup great!
    OK, now to go figure out if this thing can run as 4×8 on one “page”

Thanks for doing this FW update!

Christian
    Keymaster

Footswitch support added for 1.01.
    The way it works now is:
    - Footswitch 1: Start/Stop
    - Footswitch 2: Next Pattern / Chain
    If a chain is enabled, it will forward the chain as many patterns as the chain is long.
    If not it will just select the next pattern.

I obviously can´t please everyone but I went with what I though was in the interest of most here. Hope you like it!

alien_brain
    Participant

wow yeah thats a nice compromise! excellent work sir!

von haulshoven
    Participant

do we get an email to download the update?

Zymos
    Participant

It’s here in your account.

fabi
    Participant

i’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade and I guess it is kind of late to suggest this, but wouldn’t it make more sense for the foot switches to do previous/next chain/pattern instead of the first switch doing play and stop since there is already a dedicated play/stop button anyway?

I thought about writing you an email just now, zaq, but i’ll reply here instead. kind of off-topic, but i hope that is okay: My overlay arrived in the mail today and I’ve already applied it to the bcr. before i had to do most things blindly, since my printer isn’t in working condition right now.

and i don’t really have any music online, yet, always felt a little too shy. I once posted an experimental track at kvraudio, i’ll go and see if it’s still available and post a link on the forums, somewhere.

cheers,
    fabian

alien_brain
    Participant

previous/next chain/pattern

he has a point! previous / next would probably serve users better than next only

paul
    Participant

I’d prefer additional rather than duplicated functionality here. i’ve got a little footswitch already but intend to have it on the desk as two extra buttons instead.

Juan José
    Participant

I think the most annoying thing handling the Zaquencer when you’re in live is having to use both hands for some functions.

It also happens that there are several «simultaneous pressing functions»

I think a possible ideal use of a pedal would be «press (and hold if the pedal is maintained) the last button pressed» or «…the last simultaneous pressing function button pressed»

As we have two pedals and many ideas and personal preferences, it would be ideal that the other one could be programmed easily, assigning any button (eg holding it some time to come into ‘learn mode’).

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi guys,
    thanks for keeping the suggestions going.
    I´m not really comfortable with changing the footswitch behaviour again for now, as many people wanted the Start/Stop function and I also think it´s great for live use.

If I´ll touch it again, I like Juans idea very much. But before I implement something like this I´d rather look at a more complete Midi remote controllability. You could then use a cheap Midi Floorboard to trigger all the functions. In my mind it´s just way more flexible and less of a hassle to program for the user.

Juan José
    Participant

Perhaps as the BCR has the footswitch, we feel the need to use them.
    (Personally I find much more important the issue of ‘song mode’)

How about investigate a possible ‘circuit bending’ to turn them into CV and Trigger OUT?
    That would be great! :D

(And you could sell both software and circuit kit for those of us who do not like the soldering…)

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Avatar of Juan José Juan José.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.