Will not play

Home Forums Support Will not play

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

I think I may have bricked my BCR, barring the possibility that I’m total Noob. It was working beautifully, then I sent some midi to it via USB. And now I cannot get it to “play” no matter what I do, tried rolling back the firmware back to the original and then installing ZAQ again and still it would not play for love or money.

I am hoping this is just an RTFM or PebKac type situation.

Thanks for your time

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,
    a usual case why the Zaquencer might stop playing is that the clock has accidentally been set to “external” (=”etl”) on encoder 2 in the global menu. This way it waits for a start signal from an external midi host and won´t react to start/stop anymore. Simply enter Global menu and adjust encoder 2 to change to “int”.

Depending on whether you cleared the presets in the flash as well this setting might survive a reflashing of the original firmware and back to the Zaq.
    When wanting to restore the Zaquencer to it´s defaults its important to do a re-init of the patterns/global parameters as well (hold “Page <” and “Start/Stop” before and during turning on the BCR). This will delete all musical patterns you might have created, so use only if you don´t have precious musical data stored on the device or have made a backup via SysEx.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.