Bad Encoders

Home Forums Support Bad Encoders

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Juan
    Participant

I bought the Zaquencer yesterday. I have to say that I can’t remember having this much fun with sinthesizers ever. It’s a shame that this device is manufactured by Beringher since quite a few of the encoders don’t work properly.

In fact, encoders that were working fine yesterday are starting to cease responding. What can I do? Strange enough, if I restart the machine they work again for a few twists and stop working again. It’s frustrating since I was having such a good time with the device just yesterday… could it be something I’ve changed? Is there a way to reset the unit?

Do you know some web explaining how to repair bad encoders?

Congratulations for the Zaquencer I’m pretty amazed by how you developed the workflow, menus, etc.

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Juan,
    thanks for the kind words and welcome to the forums!

I´m sorry to hear that you are having problems with the encoders. I have encountered bad encoders as well before, but so far never in the way that you describe. The ones I saw always exhibited their behaviour. Unfortunately there is no setting or reset on the device for the encoders. Also I can´t really think of a resource helping to repair them, except maybe replacing them from another device? First though make sure it´s really the encoders, and not the multiplexer acting up, like explained in this thread: https://zaqaudio.com/forums/topic/sticky-hardware-issues (also check the link given there). Maybe the error you´re experiencing might be connected to that as well, as from your description it sounds more like a problem with the elctronics, and not the mechanical encoders.

If your device is so broken that you can´t realisticly keep using your Zaquencer license on it, please write us an email to support@zaqaudio.com.

Juan
    Participant

Thanks,

The problem is getting worse. Now the whole top row of encoders has stopped working. :( I’m gonna try to go back to the beringher firmware to see if they work again for some reason.

Also ask a friend who knows his way through electronics about the multiplexed fix. Thanks for the quick response. In case I give up with this device I,ll write you an email.

Juan
    Participant

Going back to de beringher firmware makes the encoders work normaly again.

Installing zaquencer again and the encoders on the first row don’t respond… so it’s not a hardware issue I guess… any thoughts?

alien_brain
    Participant

i had some anomalies too, try pushing the encoder like a button, seemed to work for mine.

Juan
    Participant

Yeah, if I push any of the first row encoders in global menu I can access the parameter for the encoder, but it’s useless since I can’t get the encoder to respond to the twist.

Christian
    Keymaster

Email sent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.