Knobs replacement

Home Forums Support Knobs replacement

This topic contains 77 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Citric
    Participant

im from germany. i was on the general homepage from behringer i selected germany in the dropdown. But the mail came from UK i guess. But they want Euro on a german Account :-)

FlavioB
    Participant

That’s really interesting. Behringer (Switzerland I believe, don’t remember exactly), told me that they do not sell parts to individuals…

Just keep us informed!
    THanks,
    F.

Citric
    Participant

Behringer is Bullshit, first they gaved. me a price. nor whe i want to place my order they say, i cant im not an offical Repair center.. what a kind of asholes. i will contact Thomann and ask for the part. or i wait for a solution from here ;(

FlavioB
    Participant

Hi Citric,
    that’s what I was presuming in my previous post: Behringer is not selling to individuals :-/
    If you get some help from Thomann, please inform here as well. I will get my replacement items this weekend, will try to get them replaced next week and would report back!
    F.

Citric
    Participant

Ok. i got an awnser from Thomann, they ordered me a Pushencoder.
    The Last one at Stock at the Moment :-(
    13,50€ plus shipment ,not cheap but the original one.
    I take this. But Keep us informed if the others work well.

They didn´t gave me the part number , b
    ut the People at spare part department at thomann are verry nice. They will help.

FlavioB
    Participant

Hi Citric!
    Damn, that’s waaaaayyyy too much for ONE SINGLE push-encoder!!! I wouldn’t have bought it…

Anyway: I’m a NOOB when it comes to de-soldering, thus I’m stuck right now because of missing tools to complete the desoldering process.
    Nevertheless, the push-encoders are for sure long enough, this is the first thing I could verify.
    I hope I’ll get them replaced as soon as possible, to give feedback here as well.

BR,
    F.

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi guys,
    thanks for the updates.
    Yes the desoldering is not easy. I recently managed to do it with a desoldering pump:
    http://www.reichelt.de/Entloetpumpen-litze/ENTL-TPUMPE/3/index.html?&ACTION=3&LA=2&ARTICLE=7395&GROUPID=556&artnr=ENTL%C3%96TPUMPE

Also my soldering iron goes up to 450° Celsius which really helps.
    Still it was not easy, but eventually manageable…

FlavioB
    Participant

Hi Christian,
    I am also using a desoldering pump – but still I’m not getting it done. Did you really have to power up your soldering iron up to 450° C?
    I want to try with soldering wick (Lötlitze) but I can’t find a pricey “Swisstone” one. That’s really the best one, but shipping costs are quite heavy… :-/

Would you suggest me to retry with 450° C ?

F.

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Flavio,

yes, I would recommend setting the iron to 450°. At lease it´s how I learned to do it at my apprenticeship as a TV technician back in the day.
    In my experience it´s only critical if you apply this heat (longer) to semiconductors, but not to mechanical elements like the rotaries.
    I´m not an expert on this anymore though, so if you´re unsure I recommend reading around at the different forums, there is lots of advice there…

I always desolder with 450° and did not have any problems with it so far, that much I can say.

I on the other hand only worked with soldering wick the last 15 years, but with the encoders I could only succeed with the pump. Here´s another tip: try adding a little bit of new soldering tin to the pin, it will refresh the existing tin, making it easier to get it in a fluid state and removed.

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi guys,
    on another note, I finally just bit the bullet and ordered some of the (hopefully) right encoders from Mouser.com. High quality replacements from Bourns with a push function. If they are really the right ones I will let you know. I´m thinking about offering them through here anyway, as the 20 Euro shipping costs from Mouser are quite steep for small quantities.

FlavioB
    Participant

Hi Christian,
    thanks for your suggestions – I’ll try another run on the rotary pot in the next days.
    My aim is to have it “fall out” without having me to need to apply some kind of force…

BTW: I’m confident for the TRIPLEX push-encoders, thus I think that could cost less than Mouser’s…

I’ll let you know!
    F.

FlavioB
    Participant

OK… no luck so far only with the desoldering pump :-(
    I think I need to get some soldering wick before I will be able to successfully remove that pot…
    F.

Christian
    Keymaster

Have you already tried adding a bit of new tin? I know it´s counterintuitive, because I was so happy about every it of tin I was able to remove, but in the end it really helped. The new one goes off again very easily and takes away the old tin with it.

FlavioB
    Participant

Hi Christian,
    yes I tried it on one pin and it worked “almost” perfect: the fact is, that some tin is still holding that pin :-/
    And, most worse: the two side “pins” (don’t know how to call them, they’re only here to fit the potentiomenter) are almost impossible to get all tin removed! :-/
    F.

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi guys,
    I´ve received the encoders from Mouser.com and they are finally the right ones:

Top is original, bottom is Bourns PEC12R-4030F-S0024
    That is the same type, not rasterized, 24 ppr, with push function.

I have already tried them in the BCR and they work great. The physical resistance is a little lower in the Bourns (it´s easier to rotate), which in my opinion is great and feels like higher quality actually. The encoders in my old BCR from 2004 feel the same way.

I have ordered quite a few of those and will sell them for 3 Euro per piece+shipping. I´m thinking of ways to incorporate it into the store, in the meantime just PM me if you´re interested or write to support@zaqaudio.com

Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.