reset/init

Home Forums Feature Wishlist reset/init

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    joris
    Participant

hi there
    i really really wish there as a initialize pattern so that all notes, timings, CC’s would be gone so you could start with a blank palette
    (all but global parameters?)
    greets from belgien
    joris

Christian
    Keymaster

hi joris,
    you might have seen it already and it might not exactly be what you want, but there is a complete factory reset function in the Zaquencer. if you hold “page <” and “stop/play” during startup, the complete flash memory is reinitialised, including the patterns and global parameters. you could use the sysex export function before doing that to save the global parameters and then reupload them once the flash has been reset.
    after reset you could export just the empty patterns as sysex, so you can reupload them when you want to start from scratch. you can choose to store (and upload) a single pattern, a whole page, or all 192 of them.

hope this helps.

cheers,
    christian

joris
    Participant

thx christian
    i was able to do what i wanted after adjusting/initializing 1 pattern to total silence etc after a complete flash initialize
    joris

Hi Christian,
    I’ve tried the factory reset as described but now the Zaquencer is stalled, with the display saying LOAD.
    What next?
    I wanted to try out the reset as the Direction button didn’t work as expected.

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Ulrich,
    if the display says LOAD, you have most likely entered bootloader mode, by holding Stora & Load during power up.
    The factory reset works by holding page< and start/stop during power up (will erase all patterns and settings).
    If it says LOAD it expects a firmware update to be sent to the BCR via SysEx.
    You can try that too, but I doubt it helps with the Direction button.
    As I wrote in the other thread, it sounds like your BCR is affected by the known hardware bug, that some devices unfortunately have:
    https://zaqaudio.com/forums/topic/sticky-hardware-issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.