Knobs replacement

Home Forums Support Knobs replacement

This topic contains 77 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Christian Christian 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    htk
    Participant

Too bad it didn’t work perfectly, would have been nice!
    Maybe you could cut 5mm pieces from the old shafts and insert them first inside the knob caps, then put on the caps?

Citric
    Participant

Now i also have a broken pushencoder. I readed this treat but im a bit confused.
    Witch one is now the right one? Does Behringer doesnt have ome spare ones ? They still sell the Bcrs !?

FlavioB
    Participant

Hi Citric,
    if you have a bit of patience, I will report back in 7-10 days or so: then I will get my TRIPLEX push-encoder installed. OK?

BR,
    F.

Citric
    Participant

yes, thanks men ;) i also asked now at behringer spare parts service. just to see what they say. I will report it also here ;) br and thanks

FlavioB
    Participant

I think I already know what Behringer will tell you… but anyway: let’s keep fingers crossed!
    F.

Citric
    Participant

ok. then i will ask thomann. i ve buyed my second one there…they are great at ordering hard to get parts from div. companys ;)

FlavioB
    Participant

Sure! Go on and let us know. The more sources we find, the more chance we have to get the right spare parts!

F.

alien_brain
    Participant

hopefully there is one that is a much higher spec or built to last…

Christian
    Keymaster

Hi Citric,

the encoder that should work is the Bourns PEC12R-4030F-S0024.

I have tried one from the same series, but with a 25mm shaft instead of 30mm like the one above has. The shaft of my encoder was 5mm too short, so the one above should really work.
    Electrically it worked great and it cost around 1 Euro.
    Of course if you wait for Flavio, you most likely will be able to get the information about the original replacement encoder. It is a bit more expensive, but then you know you have the exact one.

Christian
    Keymaster

Maybe you could cut 5mm pieces from the old shafts and insert them first inside the knob caps, then put on the caps?

Great idea!

I did just that and it works perfectly!
    It took a little time to find the right length, but now it fits great.
    I had to cut the shaft to 9mm (startet with 5mm, then added chips +2mm, +2mm) until it finally fit like the originals.

The discrepancy comes, because I don´t think that the original encoder stops the cap with it´s top, but with the little step on the bottom of the shaft.

But with this method you can make the Bourns PEC12R-4025F-S0024 work.

Citric
    Participant

I got feedback from Behringe, i can order the encoders . I asked just for the Pushencoder. But they have a minimum order there plus tax. So if someone want´s some encoders i will sel them. I will order a stock of both ! When i have a quatation i will sell them here ..let me know if someone will some.

Citric
    Participant

price for a encoder from bahringer was 0,50€ plus tax plus shipment for a pushencoder :-)

Christian
    Keymaster

Wow, this is a great price! Please let us know how many you have to order…

Citric
    Participant

i will do :-)

FlavioB
    Participant

Hi Citric, where are you located?
    Which Behringer did you ask for a quotation? Those are great prices, indeed!
    Flavio.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.